Android Official Android Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Question for those with 2.2, but at my lock screen, it reads out a display as such:
Swipe finger sensor
belongs to:
---
protected by antivirus

How do I change it so that it says my name below the "belongs to"? I've looked in the settings and can't find shit.

Is this on a droid x? I think my dad has that on his X and he cant figure it out either :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
so i'm moved into the new place but comcast hasnt installed our shit yet...theres an open network that i can leech off of but my desktop doesnt have a wifi card (only the laptop).

i'm using PdaNet to turn my phone into a modem. people have mentioned it before but ive never tried it until now. this shit is amazing. browsing on the desktop like normal. most sites load just as fast as if i were at home.

wish i could pull down 4g in this place.

but ya, PdaNet. i HIGHLY recommend. its free too (tho after 14 days, https sites dont work unless you pony up 15 bucks). and its way better than paying sprint 30 bucks extra a month :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
After talking to a friend about a song he never heard then downloading it on music junk and playing it minutes later I would never go to that pay for every song crap that iTunes offeres. Android FTW!!!!

I have used Music Junk since I got my EVO. You can't always get the preview feature to work. But I have never had a problem with the download. I like it a lot. But it seems to not be available on The Market all the time. And it is file sharing. I would not doubt that there will come a time where the music industry will try and go after it. But I am sure another one will pop up after it. Seems the way things go. haha

so i'm moved into the new place but comcast hasnt installed our shit yet...theres an open network that i can leech off of but my desktop doesnt have a wifi card (only the laptop).

i'm using PdaNet to turn my phone into a modem. people have mentioned it before but ive never tried it until now. this shit is amazing. browsing on the desktop like normal. most sites load just as fast as if i were at home.

wish i could pull down 4g in this place.

but ya, PdaNet. i HIGHLY recommend. its free too (tho after 14 days, https sites dont work unless you pony up 15 bucks). and its way better than paying sprint 30 bucks extra a month :rofl:

PDaNet rocks. That is the one I use. Easy Tether is another popular one. I have not had a reason to try it though. PDa is easy to use and well worth the cost if you tether at all. I have only really used it to surf at home a couple of times when the power went out during a storm. And once in an airport when on vacation.

4G would be awesome with it for sure. I am still dissapointed on the 4G coverage and network. The map Sprint showed in July (I think) when I bought the EVO looked like it had me covered. 8 months later I hardly get a signal any where I go. I am just west of 88 most of the time. That seems to be the cut off for a good signal. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My phone came with a wireless modem app pre-loaded :dunno:

what widgets is everyone usin? anything good? I've got the ESPN sportscenter , google voice, weather channel, google search bar and youtube. Anything cool or useful anyone recommends?

Is it really a app? Or is it to make your phone a hot spot? Because the pre installed version is usually for the carriers set up where you pay extra. I think Sprint is like an extra $35 a month. Might want to make sure before you use it. haha

I am still waiting on Froyo for my Epic. WTF Sprint!!

LMAO!!!! EVO FTW!

Thread Info