Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
http://lifehacker.com/5576340/simple-root-unlocks-htc-evo-4g-in-one-click?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lifehacker%2Ffull+%28Lifehacker%29

Simple Root Unlocks HTC Evo 4G in One Click

340x_simple_root.jpg

Windows: Rooting an Android phone often involves entering commands into a terminal or working through multi-step procedures. Not so with the Sprint Evo 4G, which you can root and modify to your heart's content with a one-click Simple Root tool.

Springing from the XDA forums, this app also offers one-click buttons for unlocking your phone's flash memory and flash your chosen firmware image onto your 4G phone, after you connect it via USB. It's a much more simple process than rooting a Droid, and vastly easier than unlocking an older G1 or other Android model.

Simple Root is a free download for Windows systems. As with all rooting or firmware-modifying tools, be aware that bad things can happen, and you should make backups where you can.

SimpleRoot .1 —— 3 Click Root w/ nand unlock!! [xda-developers via AndroidGuys]

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Kewl, I'm rooted so it wouldn't be an issue
Thanks for the link :)

No Problem. It is amazing how quick these guys get the stuff to work in different applications than intended. And the EVO seems to take the mods well. One button rooting? haha That is awesome.

I had another site that did the same thing. Says 10.1 but some people are saying on the android forums that the Flash Player lite that comes standard with the phone still plays videos. I guess I will surf around and see if I find some sites that have a lot of flash media and try them out. Hopefully it actually works. lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My Evo got 25-26 hours on average with the stock battery. I don't use 4G much as the coverage by me is spotty at best. But that included lots of text messages, emails, some talk time, GPS and such. I didn't think that was bad at all.

Worst case was leaving the factory settings, GPS on, watching videos and such I still got 14 hours. A couple of hours is unheard of. My 1750 battery I get 26-30 hours of use.

There is no question that the EVO is lacking in battery life when you leave GPS, WiFi, 4G, blue tooth and other power sucking modes on all the time. Use them when needed only. Will save a ton for sure. They just use a lot of power to run those.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
4g isn't worth using right now even if u get full signal. I can get 20+ hours with lots of use. Maybe your buddy got a bad battery. But most folks are getting excellent battery life.

I don't know about that. I had a full signal last night and did a speed test. 3.5 - 4.5mb down is nice versus 3G at 1.2 or so max. Especially when streaming stuff. For surfing the web and most emails attachments 3g if fine.

Thread Info