Android Official Android Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
oh, and also (this is super gay). the phone has a small issue where it doesnt apparently trickle charge. so if you leave it on the charger overnight, once it reaches 100% (usually in 2 hours) it runs off battery. tell him when he takes it off the charger in the morning (itll probably drop 6-8% pretty fast), to put it right back on until the indicator goes green. he'll have more juice for the rest of the day. helps a ton.

this isnt for ALL phones so he might have gotten lucky if he doesnt notice that issue.

I have tried this. My phone doesn't seem to have two battery times day to day. It is weird. I also have the 1750 battery. One night it used no battery power (in % display) in those 8 hours. The next night it used 22%. Same settings and all. I don't get it. lol

Setting have been a large factor in battery life for sure. I am not unhappy in my 26-28 hours per charge though. I can live with that.

dunno. 20 maybe? w/ no signal in elgin, ive got no use for it.

and android > blackberry.

I have been using my phone tethered to my lap top using the Pdanet app. I have not used it on 4G yet but 3G has been quick enough for web browsing. I have yet to try and uploan pics, videos or large files. But not sure how Sprint will feel about this usage. I think that is part of the $10 EVO 4G fee. I guess time will tell.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I have tried this. My phone doesn't seem to have two battery times day to day. It is weird. I also have the 1750 battery. One night it used no battery power (in % display) in those 8 hours. The next night it used 22%. Same settings and all. I don't get it. lol

Setting have been a large factor in battery life for sure. I am not unhappy in my 26-28 hours per charge though. I can live with that.

from everything ive read and what i end up doing every other night usually is you let it charge while plugged in til it turns green, you then turn it off, unplug it and then plug it back in and let it charge again, it will be orange for another hour at most usually and then when you turn it back on, it should be a real 100% charge. ive tried it different ways and this always gives me slower drain from 100-90% compared to the charge and then unplug and plug it back in approach.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
so it only gets fully charged at a 100% when is turned off?

it will say 100% while on but will drop fast to 90 or so. with it off when i do it, i get more time between 100 and 90 usually, its not like 5 hours or something crazy. you are realistically losing 5-10% of a charge at most, its nothing thats gonna make or break your charge. it will likely be fixed im sure, if it hasnt already, i dont know what the evo's updates have been, i dont pay too much attention to them since i dont own one :eek:

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
if you have a 1750 battery, you should make 20 hours with decent usage im sure. ive made it close to 35 hours on single charge on my incredible with playing a game or two and using it for texting/web browsing etc. :dunno:

even the stocker batteriers in both the evo (1500) and the inc (1300) have been able to get 20 hours so you should be good to go

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
you mean the whole i have no bars but i actually have 2 bars worth of service according to the phones signal strength indicator? as most inc owners have learned, ignore the bars on the phone, they are off by 1-2 bars at almost all times it seems. it will always register well below the signal you have. i was testing it today when i was going to different places for work, i could be right on top of a tower and have full signal but then if i moved like another 50 yards id actually lose a bar if not 2, yet the signal strength in the menus said i was pretty much the same. :rofl:

with all that, id like to see it fixed also, but i cant really complain cause i have no issues with signal itself when i use the phone.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
i know there isnt a strength issue, just the bars. it's just irritating.
whenever i make a call the bars seem to go up, too.
besides the battery and signal indicator, the phone is most excellent.

yeah, when you make calls, the bars do jump up. supposedly thats meant to be that way, atleast thats what i read, something battery related im sure.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
on the evo, the phone doesnt trickle charge properly. so when u pull it off the charger after a night of being plugged in, it drops 5-6% within 5 minutes b/c its been basically on battery for 6 hours. if you plug it back in for maybe 10 minutes, you can get back up to 100% w/ no issue and you're set for the day.

Thread Info