Android Official Android Thread

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
had to try it again to make sure it wasnt a fluke... whoa!
86974523.jpg

cmon mookie! lets see some screens for some old time fun! lol

PHONE DRAMA!~
So i have a family plan with for lines ok?
My Phone (A), My Moms (B), My Sisters (C) and a new line we opened last night (D)...

Last night i went to sprint o pick up the 2 evos i ordered one for my mom (B) and mine (A). It so happened that we are also adding another line for a member of the family in our family plan so we were to use that new line (D) to get the evo for $200.00 and my sisters line (C) had the right to update phones so we used that line as well to get the other evo for $200.00. Once we get the evos the guy had to ring the up with the original lines so we could get the rebate (C & D). Once we bought them we had to switch the lines around so my mother and i could have the evos. So follow closely.

1; Guy rings up my sisters line (C) so we get the discount then transfers the phone to my moms line(B) and re-activates my sisters line (C) to her old phone.This was a success!!

2; Guy rings up the new line with new evo, then tries to switch it to my line (A) and still until today the EVO wont catch the line!!! FAIL so even if someone calls it wont go to either phone! FML So i got two phones and either of them work!!!
:fu:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Well, it looks like Droid Incredible owners might soon be rewarded with more than a $25 gift card -- Droid Life is reporting that the phone is set to get an OTA update that will add some of the most oft-requested features. That includes mobile hotspot functionality, 720p video recording and, last but not least, the familiar Droid red eye boot animation that's been curiously absent. No word on a rollout date just yet, but Droid Life's tipster has provided some pics, and a video of that boot sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPXVng_gKg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
On 3g i average close to 3mb.

My speeds are all over the place. But I average about 1mb down and .75mb up. I have not seen more than 1.5mb down. When I stopped in a local Sprint store the other day the guy said 1.2mb was about all I would see. Seems about right so far. Maybe I am in a area with more data/people per tower? I don't know. Web browsing is still great with 1mb down at least.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
:noes:

With 160,000 activations a day, there's a huge number of people waiting for the HTC Sense UI version of Froyo to show up. I know all of us here sure are. Usually, we have to pass on the random screenshot tip that rolls in, but in this case they are worth talking about. To be sure -- we can in no way verify that these are real, as anyone with a rudimentary set of Android ROM cooking skills and a copy of Photoshop could pull them off. On the other hand, a Froyo version of Sense UI should be in testing somewhere, and it would look pretty much like this (watermarks and all) if it were to show itself.

With all that out of the way, if anyone out there in the 'tubes needs a hand testing, or removing watermarks from a legit Sense 2.2 leak, just sing out. I'm sure we can find you some help :) Hit the break to see one more screenshot of the camera application showing off 720p resolution. Thanks Dan!

thumb_tall_device1j.png

thumb_450_deviced.png

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I ordered one myself this weekend. Reviews of these have been very good. Especially the macro stuff.

Battery life? Well this weekend I got 39 hours out of a charge. Using the phone as normal for me. Not a lot of talk time. But a lot of texting, surfing the web, emails, camera use and such. Even had GPS on half the day so I could find friends at a fest we were at. That was a nice feature in a large area and crowd. haha

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
ya, this latest OTA update really increased battery life...tho i think you said ure rooted so id imagine your battery life skyrocketed just due to that fact alone.

i can go a full day of moderate to heavy use w/ no problem now.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
ya, this latest OTA update really increased battery life...tho i think you said ure rooted so id imagine your battery life skyrocketed just due to that fact alone.

i can go a full day of moderate to heavy use w/ no problem now.

I have not rooted mine yet. I am not sure if I will or not. For how I use it right now I don't see a real good reason to do it. Battery life and the "shoot me" app are the only things I would want out of a root right now. That may change later though.

Thread Info