NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

GLADIATOR

Drink G Fuel
Donating Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the new GM supposed to be included in the hiring of the new HC? How the fuck are they interviewing guys for the HC position without a new GM? Who the fuck would want to come in as a GM with the new coach already in place. They are so fucking clueless on how to run this organization.
We’re fucked, again. The incompetence won’t change until Virginia passes. I wish no harm on her at all but that’s the truth. Once they can’t pay for the inheritance tax…hello Bezos’ Bears!! He’ll prolly call them that too.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's funny how Nagy was more honest the first year but then picked up the secrecy philosophy that seems to start with George McCaskey. McCaskey mentioned a couple times keeping things private and within the organization. He didn't want ex players who work for media outlets to have any input on decision making. Like Kreutz and Thayer can't keep private info out of the media? More likely he was worried about the ex-players disagreeing with Bears management.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Mommy said it’s okay that I remain chairman so, I’m going to continue as chairman.

Because mommy says so

Mommy is disappointed in our 2015 approach to our 2015 GM / HC selection. But, Mommy said this time it is going to be different cause we have stronger consultant and diversity decision maker.

Mommy also says we will do just fine and continue to make money cause President Teddy Bear said we will. President Teddy Bear is all about making money and doesn’t know shit about football, but don’t tell Mommy. She’d be unhappy with the adopted son.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its not the dude its the price tag. I said day 1 MN gave away the farm for him and its cost every other position on the team.
Except they have a top 5 running back and 2 top 10 receiver's so not sure every other position was effected.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL, it's probably going to be the Raiders or Bears. No idea who Daboll favors. I'd take either one of them because they both have a history of developing QBs (Kaeparnick and Allen). Harbaugh learned under Mike Ditka and builds good staffs. Daboll has a solid record as OC. Vic Fangio might be willing to come back as DC if Harbaugh is head coach. They worked together at Stanford and SanFran. Let's get the band back together?

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It's funny how Nagy was more honest the first year but then picked up the secrecy philosophy that seems to start with George McCaskey. McCaskey mentioned a couple times keeping things private and within the organization. He didn't want ex players who work for media outlets to have any input on decision making. Like Kreutz and Thayer can't keep private info out of the media? More likely he was worried about the ex-players disagreeing with Bears management.
I dunno, he seemed to tow the corporate line all along with prescripted philosophical answers all the time.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
One thing I wonder (and hindsight is always 20/20), is the organizations decision to not let Nagy know two weeks ago, they could've at least been pre-interviewing people. It may not have resulted in an announcement yesterday that they had a new HC, but they wouldn't be scrambling now, fighting with other teams for the same choices. Having to fire your GM really messed that up I think.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It's not a matter of figuring it out. It's a matter of starting the foundation of talking to these people before the other teams that are now also looking for a HC. By letting Nagy know two weeks ago, would've allowed them (per NFL rules) to at least lay that ground work early by talking to these candidates.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Based on the McCaskey press conference yesterday, we understand the problem; a family member (chairman) and a money guy (adopted son) who know little to nothing about football are running a football organization under Mommy’s approval.

Doesn’t matter who the GM or HC will be, the team will likely continue to be a failure unless lightning strikes for a 3rd time.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm reasonably happy with most of the guys the Bears are going to be interviewing so far. Latest addition is Packers OC, Nate Hackett. He is not top of my list because LeFleur is the one calling the plays not Hackett and... Rodgers.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
You are overly optimist. The selection committee makes me were pessimistic and I feel like we there’s a good chance in 5 years we will be back in the same place.

It’s clear that George McCaskey is pretty clueless.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm happy they actually have some good names on the list. Would be a lot worse if they were looking at Texans, Jags and Arena football coaches. Somebody in the organization (Polian) is scheduling good interviews.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree except for bumping Phillips out of the spot where he is the one reported to by the GM. McCaskey isn't better but, at least, it's some change. Bears will most likely be throwing darts at a coach/GM board so all we can do is hope the darts hit good football people this time.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bears are going to interview former Miami head coach, Brian Flores. Another good interview candidate. He was around .500 with Miami and they have a lot of issues not related to the coach. Word on the street is Flores wanted Justin Herbert and the owner chose Tua instead. Owner may be looking for a head coach who accepts Tua as QB.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So far, I'd put the HC choices at Daboll, Harbaugh, Flores in no particular order. Bears need to get a GM hired and get him involved in the process. I'm sort of leaning towards Indy's Dodds for GM. Other than QB and WR, Indy has one heck of a team. Their draft picks have been good recently.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Bears are going to interview former Miami head coach, Brian Flores. Another good interview candidate. He was around .500 with Miami and they have a lot of issues not related to the coach. Word on the street is Flores wanted Justin Herbert and the owner chose Tua instead. Owner may be looking for a head coach who accepts Tua as QB.

Already covered on Sports Outlets, it’s either Flores way or the highway. He’s not a team coach or a collaborator, either get onboard or you will be gone under his reign.

Went through 4 Offensive Coordinators within 3 years.

How does his approach work with your Justin Fields?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
So far, I'd put the HC choices at Daboll, Harbaugh, Flores in no particular order. Bears need to get a GM hired and get him involved in the process. I'm sort of leaning towards Indy's Dodds for GM. Other than QB and WR, Indy has one heck of a team.

Has the ask to interview Harbaugh occurred?

What makes Harbaugh a good fit for The Bears and Fields?

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's not my Justin Fields, Dave. You keep trying to say I love Fields. What I love is his potential. We'll see if he lives up to it. Nagy tried to be one of the boys and it didn't work. Maybe the Bears need a coach more like Ditka who will say My way or the highway. Harbaugh and Flores are that kind of coach. Daboll also has a great record of developing Allen. I would be OK with any of them.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Harbaugh would bring in a complete staff of coaches. He's good at picking smart coaches. He had Vic Fangio with him at Stanford and Fangio followed him to SF then left after Harbaugh was fired. He's the most likely guy who could convince Fangio to return to the Bears. Bears have not requested an interview yet but rumor says the Raiders and the Bears are the two teams Harbaugh would consider for a return to the NFL. Harbaugh is the coach who developed Kaeparnick and turned an average QB into a starter. IMO, Fields could be a much better QB than Kaep if he realizes his potential. He can run like Kaep and he's a better passer.

Top Bottom