šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Isnā€™t the new GM supposed to be included in the hiring of the new HC? How the fuck are they interviewing guys for the HC position without a new GM? Who the fuck would want to come in as a GM with the new coach already in place. They are so fucking clueless on how to run this organization.
Weā€™re fucked, again. The incompetence wonā€™t change until Virginia passes. I wish no harm on her at all but thatā€™s the truth. Once they canā€™t pay for the inheritance taxā€¦hello Bezosā€™ Bears!! Heā€™ll prolly call them that too.

Reactions: Rico

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's funny how Nagy was more honest the first year but then picked up the secrecy philosophy that seems to start with George McCaskey. McCaskey mentioned a couple times keeping things private and within the organization. He didn't want ex players who work for media outlets to have any input on decision making. Like Kreutz and Thayer can't keep private info out of the media? More likely he was worried about the ex-players disagreeing with Bears management.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Mommy said itā€™s okay that I remain chairman so, Iā€™m going to continue as chairman.

Because mommy says so

Mommy is disappointed in our 2015 approach to our 2015 GM / HC selection. But, Mommy said this time it is going to be different cause we have stronger consultant and diversity decision maker.

Mommy also says we will do just fine and continue to make money cause President Teddy Bear said we will. President Teddy Bear is all about making money and doesnā€™t know shit about football, but donā€™t tell Mommy. Sheā€™d be unhappy with the adopted son.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL, it's probably going to be the Raiders or Bears. No idea who Daboll favors. I'd take either one of them because they both have a history of developing QBs (Kaeparnick and Allen). Harbaugh learned under Mike Ditka and builds good staffs. Daboll has a solid record as OC. Vic Fangio might be willing to come back as DC if Harbaugh is head coach. They worked together at Stanford and SanFran. Let's get the band back together?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's funny how Nagy was more honest the first year but then picked up the secrecy philosophy that seems to start with George McCaskey. McCaskey mentioned a couple times keeping things private and within the organization. He didn't want ex players who work for media outlets to have any input on decision making. Like Kreutz and Thayer can't keep private info out of the media? More likely he was worried about the ex-players disagreeing with Bears management.
I dunno, he seemed to tow the corporate line all along with prescripted philosophical answers all the time.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
One thing I wonder (and hindsight is always 20/20), is the organizations decision to not let Nagy know two weeks ago, they could've at least been pre-interviewing people. It may not have resulted in an announcement yesterday that they had a new HC, but they wouldn't be scrambling now, fighting with other teams for the same choices. Having to fire your GM really messed that up I think.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's not a matter of figuring it out. It's a matter of starting the foundation of talking to these people before the other teams that are now also looking for a HC. By letting Nagy know two weeks ago, would've allowed them (per NFL rules) to at least lay that ground work early by talking to these candidates.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Based on the McCaskey press conference yesterday, we understand the problem; a family member (chairman) and a money guy (adopted son) who know little to nothing about football are running a football organization under Mommyā€™s approval.

Doesnā€™t matter who the GM or HC will be, the team will likely continue to be a failure unless lightning strikes for a 3rd time.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Bears are going to interview former Miami head coach, Brian Flores. Another good interview candidate. He was around .500 with Miami and they have a lot of issues not related to the coach. Word on the street is Flores wanted Justin Herbert and the owner chose Tua instead. Owner may be looking for a head coach who accepts Tua as QB.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Bears are going to interview former Miami head coach, Brian Flores. Another good interview candidate. He was around .500 with Miami and they have a lot of issues not related to the coach. Word on the street is Flores wanted Justin Herbert and the owner chose Tua instead. Owner may be looking for a head coach who accepts Tua as QB.

Already covered on Sports Outlets, itā€™s either Flores way or the highway. Heā€™s not a team coach or a collaborator, either get onboard or you will be gone under his reign.

Went through 4 Offensive Coordinators within 3 years.

How does his approach work with your Justin Fields?

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
So far, I'd put the HC choices at Daboll, Harbaugh, Flores in no particular order. Bears need to get a GM hired and get him involved in the process. I'm sort of leaning towards Indy's Dodds for GM. Other than QB and WR, Indy has one heck of a team.

Has the ask to interview Harbaugh occurred?

What makes Harbaugh a good fit for The Bears and Fields?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
It's not my Justin Fields, Dave. You keep trying to say I love Fields. What I love is his potential. We'll see if he lives up to it. Nagy tried to be one of the boys and it didn't work. Maybe the Bears need a coach more like Ditka who will say My way or the highway. Harbaugh and Flores are that kind of coach. Daboll also has a great record of developing Allen. I would be OK with any of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info