Official 2014 Income Tax Thread

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Still waiting on my W-2 from work and 1098-T from DeVry. I probably won't be able to file until this weekend or later.

Sorry, I had to :rofl: :h5: Grow some hair :s00ls:

giphy.gif

b4911a83eabe38a04da473e4395383d9.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Our company STILL hasn't released their W-2's :fu:

yea same here, waiting on my W-2. I re-fied my mortgage and my property taxes went down, so less to write off this time.

If the w2s are the only thing you're waiting on, you can always use the last check of the year. Gives the same information as the w2. That's what I do when I have to wait on one thing or another. I just make sure I have the correct info, write down everything on a sheet of paper, including expenses and write offs, then go in and get my taxes done.

Went to my aunt last night and turns out I don't get as much as Turbo Tax figured. Turbo tax came back with $6700 something Federal and 600 State. Went to my aunt and came out $1600 less than Turbo Tax, and $300 something less on State. :dunno: Turbo Tax supposedly looks at all the possible ways to get you money, but according to my aunt, the deductions for both business and towards work (w2s) shouldn't be together on a return (the way Turbo Tax was asking about deductions and reporting them).

Doesn't matter. Last thing I need is for the IRS to come knocking at my door because Turbo Tax was able to get me about $2k more. I rather be a bit more conservative and safe. I should get my Federal income tax return on the 5th of February. State, I have to wait since supposedly there's something going on with it or something. :dunno:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Went to my aunt last night and turns out I don't get as much as Turbo Tax figured. Turbo tax came back with $6700 something Federal and 600 State. Went to my aunt and came out $1600 less than Turbo Tax, and $300 something less on State. :dunno: Turbo Tax supposedly looks at all the possible ways to get you money, but according to my aunt, the deductions for both business and towards work (w2s) shouldn't be together on a return (the way Turbo Tax was asking about deductions and reporting them).

Doesn't matter. Last thing I need is for the IRS to come knocking at my door because Turbo Tax was able to get me about $2k more. I rather be a bit more conservative and safe. I should get my Federal income tax return on the 5th of February. State, I have to wait since supposedly there's something going on with it or something. :dunno:

Wouldn't the chance at $1,900 be worth a second (third?) opinion? I would think that the people at Turbo Tax would be extremely knowledgeable seeing as how large they, and Intuit, are...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info