Gaming No Man's Sky

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Depends how much fun it is and how much building a character can do. Some guys have mined, traded, built and fought in EVE for over a decade. They fly hundreds of billion "Isk" capital ships (I currently have 4 Billion in my account) that are impossible to kill for 99% of the players. I lost interest after a year but I'm not a super nerd and have an actual wife, kids and life.

The designers of EVE keep adding new tasks, solar systems, ships and options that keep players dumping money into the game. I imagine No Man's Sky will do the same.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya know, I'd consider getting a ps4. But with Sony potentially selling a better ps4 this fall, they can go fuck themselves. There would be zero reason to get a system now only to be ripped off five months later when the price tanks.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I still dont know where they're going with that. Or what they're thinking. Until something happens I'm trying to remain neutral. For now, all it really sounds like its doing is unlocking more power for 4k gaming, and I'm sure it may have some applications for PSVR. But, I don't have a 4k TV, so.. :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

Company claims No Man's Sky uses its patented equation without permission | PC Gamer

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So apparently a PS+ subscription WONT be necessary to access the online components of this game.

This is likely down to the fact that while players are technically sharing the game's universe, and could run into one another, No Man's Sky's 18 quintillion possible locations makes the chances of such an encounter (to wheel out an understatement) statistically improbable.

That makes the game's only likely online interaction the mapping and naming of said locations, something which Sony clearly deems single player-y enough an activity to waive the necessity of PS Plus (which is required to access the online multiplayer features of most other games on the console).

No Man's Sky Won't Require PlayStation Plus To Play Online - IGN

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info