New TV advice. Turk step inside

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so im halfway in the market for a new tv... ive read this thread & the others on here, i've studied Rtings like an adderall ridden college student cramming for a final.

I'm 95% sure I want to go 55". the room isn't large at all and I don't want the TV overpowering the room.

I don't play video games, I stream movies and tv shows, and rent redbox movies to piss off people on here. I don't watch much as far as sports go.

I keep tv's for a long time. My current 55" panasonic plasma is from 2012 and I love it.

I fill out the "tv finder dealio" on Rtings website and it keeps pointing me towards the sony xbr55x930e, XBR55X900E, lg oled55c7p and samsung UN55MU9000.

Everything I've read, i really can't go wrong with any of them it seems, although im hesitant to drop OLED money on the sony which isn't oled...

BUT

the room the tv will be in is bright AF... large sliding door windows next to the wall it will be on, many ceiling lights, etc.

and that's why I keep feeling like i'm okay with the sony because apparently that XBR is super bright and works better in really bright rooms than the OLED stuff does.

i have no idea. fuckin' ramblin' and shit.

I wish these things were cheaper.

i do have to say, I don't love how the LG's look mounted on the wall. i think it looks cheap. super subjective of course, and most probably wouldn't be bugged by it, but I dislike how the tv appears mounted on the wall.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
HUPgrz2.png

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I went TCL 55p607 due to the overwhelming good reviews it got for the price point it’s at. $650 for 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Local Dimming and a slick Roku interface that is 100x better than any of the other OEMs built-in GUI’s. Sign me the fuck up.

The new 6-series that’s replacing it will be in 55” & 65” flavors with even more dimming zones and some other upgrades in the same price point.

IMG_0405.JPG

https://www.tclusa.com/products/hom...lass-p-series-4k-uhd-hdr-roku-smart-tv-55p607

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I have a TCL 49 for the bedroom. Solid TV but has some issues with light bleeding. But for the price, zero complaints.

Yeah, I did a 49S405 (No local dimming but still 4K HDR) in my bedroom. Had it dropped at my door for ~$260. I don't think anyone can touch the image quality & feature set at that price point. Haven't had any image issues with it yet but it's only a month or so old.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I went TCL 55p607 due to the overwhelming good reviews it got for the price point it’s at. $650 for 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Local Dimming and a slick Roku interface that is 100x better than any of the other OEMs built-in GUI’s. Sign me the fuck up.

The new 6-series that’s replacing it will be in 55” & 65” flavors with even more dimming zones and some other upgrades in the same price point.

https://www.tclusa.com/products/hom...lass-p-series-4k-uhd-hdr-roku-smart-tv-55p607

what are you basing this interface portion off of?

rtings seems to think it's alright, but i dont see 100x better than others really from reviews

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you're worried about retention or if you'd like a TV brighter than what OLEDs are currently capable of, the next best thing is the Sony XBR55X930E 4k LCD TV. It's one of the best and brightest LCD/LED TV we've tested, making it a prime choice for HDR. It doesn't have the same wide viewing angles and contrast of OLEDs, but it's still a great TV overall.

this tidbit is why i keep going back to the sony.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info