New Ride.. Now featuring 0% Ford problems

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
just ordered some extra bright LED backup lights for the truck from Diode Dynamics since they have a 20% off sale right now. I had them for the reverse light and trunk light in the Mustang and they were flawless. The reverse lights on the truck have a super narrow pattern that only light up the area like a driving light but the LED ones have a nice wide pattern. I went with the 210 lumen middle off the road ones. If I want brighter I can always move them to the cargo bed light and go with the all out 410 lumen $90 set for the backup lights.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Quick shot of the truck after giving it a quick polishing and wax.

Also got the LED backup lights, Cargo bed light, and interior lights. I went with the brightest I could for the backup lights and middle of the road for the cargo light and brightest I could for the interior. since its a Base model Work truck the interior has only 1 light in the front and one in the rear so its a lot better now.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I'd like to Level it and get some nice wheels and tires but I also have a parking garage at work to attend with so that will dictate what I do as well. I think next on the list of stuff to get would be a tool box. Been eyeing a narrow low profile Crossover box I'll probably buy.

my 1/2 ton is leveled 2" and I fits with rooms for a taller tire. you're good

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Planning a full level for ours and 32s and it should still clear the garage, albeit with a shorty antenna.

I think 265 70 17s is the plan

I have the shorty Antenna on my wish list for Christmas. Leveling kit and taller tires will for sure happen at some point in the future. I have the 16" work truck wheels on mine so I'm not sure if I will stay stock with taller tires or get some other wheels.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just seeing this thread. Love me some upgraded LED reverse lights! Does Chevy have canbus going on all their lights too? My Ram needs canbus compatible lights otherwise it throws an error on the dash saying that the lights are out.

Can't say I approve on the black, I'll never own another black vehicle again! But I've been curious about Chevy trucks lately.

Anyway, too bad the Mustang ended up being a POS for you so soon. Must be an Ecoboost variant issue, because it doesn't seem like the market is revolting against the Mustang platform in general.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Just seeing this thread. Love me some upgraded LED reverse lights! Does Chevy have canbus going on all their lights too? My Ram needs canbus compatible lights otherwise it throws an error on the dash saying that the lights are out.

Can't say I approve on the black, I'll never own another black vehicle again! But I've been curious about Chevy trucks lately.

Anyway, too bad the Mustang ended up being a POS for you so soon. Must be an Ecoboost variant issue, because it doesn't seem like the market is revolting against the Mustang platform in general.

No issues with errors when changing to LEDs. Just plug in and go.

Yeah I wasn't thrilled about black but thus far it's not too bad. Just have to adjust my washing and waxing habits a bit.

2015 EB mustangs have had a lot of catastrophic engine failures and the 2016s have been having the same issues as the Focus RS. When I had mine at Ford for the Trans failure the service manager said they usually have a couple them in from a rental fleet getting new engines. Since the majority of EB mustangs are in rental fleets or non-performance oriented owners it's not making any news like the Focus RS.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

took a quick shot of the truck during the weekend snow. 4K miles on the clock and not a single issue and is time for its first oil change.

Few things I find interesting about having a truck. I've always driven 4th gen Camaro's or the Mustang AKA Cop magnets. Every week I'd get a cop on my ass running my plate but its not happened once since I got the truck lol. I like it!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Had the truck serviced a week ago and had a small coolant leak looked into so I went back to stock tune and scheduled service. Coolant leak was a bad endcap on the radiator that had the tiniest of leaks and only did it with I let the truck sit and idle for a long while. radiator was replaced and All fixed in a day. Overall averaging 18.8mpg and have even been running regular in it most of the time. the past couple weeks without the Trifecta tune I really notice how the stock trans shifting strategies just suck. Tune will be back on this weekend. thinking of having the rear window replaced with a slider over the summer. Also contemplating a softopper for it sometime down the road.

Thread Info