New Ride.. Now featuring 0% Ford problems

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Actually I just loaded it this morning. Only thing I can report is the trans shifting is way improved. Stock it wants to shift really early and tended to sit at low rpm in a higher gear when you are part throttle. Now it's nice and snappy and shifts at a higher rpm.

Most reviews of our drive train raved about the motor and said the trans was exactly as you described and therefore prevented the motor from shining.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
It gets annoying at times... chugging along at 2500 rpm at part throttle trying to pass. Then give it just a tiny bit more and it downshifts and jumps to 5500 rpm and rips. Thus far the tune seems to solve that.

The Trifecta tune is nice. It uses the cruise control to set the drive mode. So Leave the cruise control on (but not active) and you are in daily drive Eco mode. It shifts nice and will move when you get on it. Turn cruise control off and it goes sport mode and holds more RPM and really wakes up.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It gets annoying at times... chugging along at 2500 rpm at part throttle trying to pass. Then give it just a tiny bit more and it downshifts and jumps to 5500 rpm and rips. Thus far the tune seems to solve that.

The Trifecta tune is nice. It uses the cruise control to set the drive mode. So Leave the cruise control on (but not active) and you are in daily drive Eco mode. It shifts nice and will move when you get on it. Turn cruise control off and it goes sport mode and holds more RPM and really wakes up.

I'm just scared of warranty issues.

Wifey was complaining she doesn't like how "slow" the truck feels which is just as you described... You need to really get the right spot to get it moving otherwise it feels like an under powered four cylinder if you are too easy on the pedal.

The MPGs have been super solid though so thats good.

I kind of want a catback for it. I feel it needs a little more rumble. Not loud, but it doesn't sound good to me. so blah

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I wish the truck had a little more rumble too. Not sure if o should get s cat back or just use all the exhaust junk I have laying around and make something.

For the tune. It's not boosted so I'm not super worried about it. Also after talking with Trifecta I feel better about it. Supposedly it's completely transparent and doesn't increase counters.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL

I have this model on the f150 and like it alot. Tunes werent out yet when I got the truck and I dont want to worry about the warranty with turbos and the new 10 speed.

I had an older model of this one on my gmc truck https://www.sprintboostersales.com/

Coming from throttle cable cars to drive by wire the first 20% of pedal really felt dead to me, both these fixed that issue. Before I put this on the gmc when I pulled out into traffic if I didnt 100% floor it the truck was really lazy and wouldnt take off to the point of me almost getting hit. These will fix that.

Try and find a used one and try it out.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Where the fuck did these come from. People on FRF says this and a tune are absolute first mods but $300 for a voltage regulator/transformer, essentially...? The fuck?

People on the Ecoboost Mustang forums love them too and many people think it adds HP because the throttle is feels more sensitive.. lol. Its just changing the output of the throttle sensor so the ECU thinks you are at a higher throttle pedal % but on the Colorado I can see how it would help with the trans shifting and give it a more "By Cable" feel.

So on my way home today I took a couple WOT logs of the tune. Its commanding a leaner Power Enrichment to around the 11.8-12.0 AFR vs the usual uber rich 9.8-10.5 AFR stock commanded. Also the Timing table must have been tweaked because the truck is seeing 26-27* timing at WOT vs 24-25 WOT. This is on Premium fuel which I will continue to use on the truck. Its not required for the tune but will perform best on Premium and even on the stock tune I noticed more Knock Retard on 87 vs 93 octane.

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
People on the Ecoboost Mustang forums love them too and many people think it adds HP because the throttle is feels more sensitive.. lol. Its just changing the output of the throttle sensor so the ECU thinks you are at a higher throttle pedal % but on the Colorado I can see how it would help with the trans shifting and give it a more "By Cable" feel.

So on my way home today I took a couple WOT logs of the tune. Its commanding a leaner Power Enrichment to around the 11.8-12.0 AFR vs the usual uber rich 9.8-10.5 AFR stock commanded. Also the Timing table must have been tweaked because the truck is seeing 26-27* timing at WOT vs 24-25 WOT. This is on Premium fuel which I will continue to use on the truck. Its not required for the tune but will perform best on Premium and even on the stock tune I noticed more Knock Retard on 87 vs 93 octane.

I can't believe how many people waste money on those throttle trickers. Is it really that difficult to physically depress the pedal harder for some people? Like you said, they don't add any HP, they don't improve performance, nor do they improve quarter mile ET or MPH. Literally the most pointless 'mod' one can perform. I know a bunch of 2.0 turbo Camaro guys jumped on the band wagon and bought the Vitesse throttle controllers, and most chucked them after a few months due to issues with the part causing the cars to fall into limp mode!

You also might want to make sure that Trifecta doesn't change the checksum or part number. I've had several arguments with DiabloSport until they proved their tool didn't make the change. This link will give you an idea what a tech at a dealership can see on their screen related to tuning and the amount of 'flashes'.

Identifying Aftermarket Calibrations before Warranty Repairs

Congrats on the new truck! I was hoping to check out your EBM, but that ain't happening anymore! FYI, Keith still has pics on his site from the 'modfest' back at your house circa 2001 or 2002!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I can't believe how many people waste money on those throttle trickers. Is it really that difficult to physically depress the pedal harder for some people? Like you said, they don't add any HP, they don't improve performance, nor do they improve quarter mile ET or MPH. Literally the most pointless 'mod' one can perform. I know a bunch of 2.0 turbo Camaro guys jumped on the band wagon and bought the Vitesse throttle controllers, and most chucked them after a few months due to issues with the part causing the cars to fall into limp mode!

You also might want to make sure that Trifecta doesn't change the checksum or part number. I've had several arguments with DiabloSport until they proved their tool didn't make the change. This link will give you an idea what a tech at a dealership can see on their screen related to tuning and the amount of 'flashes'.

Identifying Aftermarket Calibrations before Warranty Repairs

Congrats on the new truck! I was hoping to check out your EBM, but that ain't happening anymore! FYI, Keith still has pics on his site from the 'modfest' back at your house circa 2001 or 2002!

Yes that is what I confirmed with Trifecta as well. Interesting note Ford doesn't look soo much as flash count these days they look at run count.

Yeah The v6 F-body days.. good times!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Small update.. yay!! the truck fits in the garage. The stupid Antenna even just clears the door and it Fits with about 8-10" front and back. Was worried I'd have to completely rearrange things but it all works.

198ec01468a05a10fb55d5bcfc273133.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, I would have ordered the shortest version but that is my worry. Im waiting to level it and then see how short I have to go. The shortest version gets bad reviews.

But you can always keep the long one in the glove box in case you take a trip to bufu.

Yeah, mpgs are damn solid! I wonder if they get better on the tune... I know its too early to know yet

Thread Info