New propane grill shopping

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The older propane webers are better then the new ones.
I'm not a fan of the genesis 2. Spirits suck dont get one of those either.
I've had my Spirit 3 burner since 2015 and it's been flawless.

Also charcoal grills are the IPA of cooking meats. I said it.
Another 3 burner Spirit owner of 6-7 years. No complaints at all!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It’s a Mustang not a Porsche! Haha

For what you have into your car, you could have bought my used & worn out Porsche.

Exactly. Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio lets see your grill setup.

I have a hated Traeger Ironwood 650 and a torch. I am not a good smoker or cook. So it suites me fine.

I also like propain for convienence. Coal takes more time to get ready and even more to clean. But I get flavor is different with coal or wood.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Weber is the best propane grill you can buy. And NG conversion too, but less BTUs than propane. Get a quality cover for it, rust is its biggest enemy. It will outlast the other throwaway junk grills, but it is true, the older webers (pre mid 2000s) were even better. I used to assemble Webers around the time they switched to importing materials and quality did suffer a bit at that time. Fitment issues, rust out of the box. It was depressing, but it was short-lived and they ironed it out. I have a ~2009 Spirit E-series 2 burner that still is going strong. I've replaced the SS grates and flavorizer bars once or twice, bottom is a little rusty but has plenty of cooks left.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Am I the only one who keeps my grills in the shed? Ive seen rust mentioned a few times.
If you are leaving them outside, they should at least have a good cover on them.
I bought cheap, the drip pan rusted from the food left overs....no replacement parts. luckily the hole is over the second pan that is used to protect the propane tank :rofl: I just cook on the good side for now

Jamesv82

Addict
TCG Premium
Mar 9, 2017
I've had my Spirit 3 burner since 2015 and it's been flawless.

Also charcoal grills are the IPA of cooking meats. I said it.
Another 3 burner Spirit owner of 6-7 years. No complaints at all!

Another 3 burner Spirit owner of 5 years, I think. I only use it a few times a times a year, other times it's charcoal.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Another 3 burner Spirit owner of 5 years, I think. I only use it a few times a times a year, other times it's charcoal.
You got yours off the same truck mine fell off, correct? If so I think its been more than 5yrs
Didnt you grab 2 of them, or am I thinking of a different friend of mine? For some reason I recall putting 1 in your trunk and 1 in the back seat

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
True, this is more for @pratt guess :)
Am I the only one who keeps my grills in the shed? Ive seen rust mentioned a few times.
If you are leaving them outside, they should at least have a good cover on them.
I used to cover mine, but after it got a little older and the cover turned to dust I just said fuck it. In the winter I roll that bitch right by my sliding deck door so I can grill from inside the house. Cover would make things harder...lol

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

maybe lol, but shed or garage kept is best, but not feasible for everyone. All my webers live outside year round :tear:

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I read that covers can actually add to moisture on the grill. My Weber has been outside, uncovered for ten years and no rust at all. It's an older, non Chinese manufactured one.

Jamesv82

Addict
TCG Premium
Mar 9, 2017
You got yours off the same truck mine fell off, correct? If so I think its been more than 5yrs
Didnt you grab 2 of them, or am I thinking of a different friend of mine? For some reason I recall putting 1 in your trunk and 1 in the back seat
Just one but we did take it out of the box and stuffed it into the back seat.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Picked up a Genesis 3 burner in copper yesterday. Ordered the cover last night. Hopefully will have it put together and grilling by tonight! Wife made me take a pic after loading into the van cause she knew I was pretty excited...lol

I’m thinking of moving to a pellet smoker as my next purchase just to make it easier on myself. With the young kids it’s hard to plan a day for me to spend with the Smokey Mountain. Are the Traegers any good?
77216AD6-15E5-4E98-8F40-29BEBD76101A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info