New propane grill shopping

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So its time to replace my Weber Genesis 3 burner that is at least 15 years old. Grill still works perfectly, but the framework below is rotting away so its time. I'm leaning towards replacing with another Weber Genesis 3 or 4 burner. My question is, should I be looking at other makes of grills? Would like to stay around $1k.

Reasons for another Weber are reliability, durability, and ease of parts replacement.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So its time to replace my Weber Genesis 3 burner that is at least 15 years old. Grill still works perfectly, but the framework below is rotting away so its time. I'm leaning towards replacing with another Weber Genesis 3 or 4 burner. My question is, should I be looking at other makes of grills? Would like to stay around $1k.

Reasons for another Weber are reliability, durability, and ease of parts replacement.

you could potentially reach out to weber and see if they could do anything for your current grill...

and imo. i dont think there's any reason to look elsewhere for gas grill's in that price range than weber.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Real men use charcoal.
LOL thanks for the tip. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain as well that I use when I want to feel manly. On work nights when I need to fire up a grill quickly to get shit going, I'll take my womanly propane grill every single fucking time.
you could potentially reach out to weber and see if they could do anything for your current grill...

and imo. i dont think there's any reason to look elsewhere for gas grill's in that price range than weber.
I doubt they're going to do anything with an old ass grill that is left outside year round not covered. This grill has served me well for a long time and has had zero issues in that time so its just time for me to pony up!
Weber FTW
Not sure how comfortable you are with buying on Offerup. Some decent deals to be had on brand new grills in the factory packaging.
I bought a snowblower like that 3yrs ago and has been flawless.
I've never bought anything on Offerup, but I'll check it out. Thanks Shawn.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
LOL thanks for the tip. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain as well that I use when I want to feel manly. On work nights when I need to fire up a grill quickly to get shit going, I'll take my womanly propane grill every single fucking time.

I doubt they're going to do anything with an old ass grill that is left outside year round not covered. This grill has served me well for a long time and has had zero issues in that time so its just time for me to pony up!

I've never bought anything on Offerup, but I'll check it out. Thanks Shawn.

dude so i was reading on the weber forum, and some people have CRAZY luck with warrantying older webers.

https://tvwbb.com/forums/weber-gas-grills.91/ like, weber sending entire new cook box assemblies out on 15+ year old grills. crazy shit

Reactions: Shawn1112

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
dude so i was reading on the weber forum, and some people have CRAZY luck with warrantying older webers.

https://tvwbb.com/forums/weber-gas-grills.91/ like, weber sending entire new cook box assemblies out on 15+ year old grills. crazy shit
Hmm, well I guess I'll shoot them an email with some pics then if they will replace shit that old. Maybe get another 15 years out of this bitch...lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
And I'm fucking with you. Propane all the way.

Cant believe some of these blowhards here that worship a fucking brick to cook food like fucking cavemen.
Everything has it's place. There's nothing better than firing up my smoker at 5am on a weekend when I have nothing to do(which is rare now with kids), on a beautiful day while sucking back some fine alcohol and stinking up the neighborhood with mouth watering smells. It's honestly one of my favorite things to do.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Everything has it's place. There's nothing better than firing up my smoker at 5am on a weekend when I have nothing to do(which is rare now with kids), on a beautiful day while sucking back some fine alcohol and stinking up the neighborhood with mouth watering smells. It's honestly one of my favorite things to do.
Absolutely!!!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
But the burgers, dogs and chicken taste so much better when cooked from a charcoal grill
That might be true, but cooking on a gas grill is better than cooking inside, and a gas grill is more convenient than a charcoal grill so it’s still a good option. I say have both. Gas grill for when you just want to throw stuff on real quick on a weeknight. Charcoal for when you buy something real nice on the weekends

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That might be true, but cooking on a gas grill is better than cooking inside, and a gas grill is more convenient than a charcoal grill so it’s still a good option. I say have both. Gas grill for when you just want to throw stuff on real quick on a weeknight. Charcoal for when you buy something real nice on the weekends

charcoal is plenty convenient if you plan for it.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info