New Project - FDW... four door whore

billzrx7

Reaction score
So.. I got bored with my boat. Had $1800 into it including the cost of it. Traded for this ugly thing:

86k Miles, no rust, underside is clean. Interior is all there but the plastic is degrading. Seats dont have any tears. It drives really nice actually. SBC 400 with a mild cam, hooker headers, edelbrock RPM intake, blah blah blah.. all pushed through a TH350 with a shift kit and an open rear end. HUZZAH for one tire fire!

So if anyone has a 7.5" posi unit laying around or a whole 8.5" 10 bolt / fox body 8.8.. let me know

Not sure if Im just going to throw some aluminum heads on this thing and a 150 shot or if Ill pull it out and go LS swap.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Many Regal g bodies had posi units. I found a couple years back in the u picks off 171/83. You might get lucky. Although I had a built 400 Pontiac that made short work of trashing a 7.5. You could do what I did and swap in a Chrysler 8 3/4”...although it takes a bit of fab work.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I saw you yesterday on Villa. You left the light like an asshole.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
FYI the aluminum bumpers off the same era Skylark will fit with a little massaging...and the lightweight seats out of the Sunfire will bolt in with a little work. My ‘78 Olds was 2600 lbs...

billzrx7

Reaction score
Yup shes a 1980. All the chrome and bumpers are good, just need polishing. Picking up a 5.3 Saturday morning... and theres thoughts in my head of moving the Borg Warner s475 out of the RX7 and into this.. and bumping the RX7 down to a more reasonably sized S366.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Sorry...random thoughts as they come to mind...

Late 70’s Vega manual steering box drops right in.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
I have a brand new manual master cylinder for sale $50 that’s fit the car.

billzrx7

Reaction score
Power steering, power brakes. Theres also a rumor we may get a little nuts this winter and do an AWD setup.

And since I had one 20 years ago.. so its nostalgic:

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
manual steering is fine in these cars.
no need for power
I know, mine was manual. Turning from a start takes some effort, but once you’re going it’s ok...well, except how many turns lock to lock. The older PS units didn’t like high revs to much, and I built my 400 Pontiac motor for high revs. Kept having problems so other than the weight savings, that was the other reason I went manual.

You don’t need heat either, I’d chuck the HVAC too. Frees up a ton of space under the hood. Really easy to make a block off plate for those cars.

billzrx7

Reaction score
Finally got around to making it 1 color. I used the dipyourcar system. All in all.. prep is key. Its not perfect but from 5' away it looks nice.

And the finished product:

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh shit. This thing is for sale huh? I thought I saw it on fbook marketplace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom