New Project - FDW... four door whore

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
So.. I got bored with my boat. Had $1800 into it including the cost of it. Traded for this ugly thing:

l8n23Bu.jpg

86k Miles, no rust, underside is clean. Interior is all there but the plastic is degrading. Seats dont have any tears. It drives really nice actually. SBC 400 with a mild cam, hooker headers, edelbrock RPM intake, blah blah blah.. all pushed through a TH350 with a shift kit and an open rear end. HUZZAH for one tire fire!

mG5L6HX.jpg

ePDUbpe.jpg

So if anyone has a 7.5" posi unit laying around or a whole 8.5" 10 bolt / fox body 8.8.. let me know

Not sure if Im just going to throw some aluminum heads on this thing and a 150 shot or if Ill pull it out and go LS swap.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Many Regal g bodies had posi units. I found a couple years back in the u picks off 171/83. You might get lucky. Although I had a built 400 Pontiac that made short work of trashing a 7.5. You could do what I did and swap in a Chrysler 8 3/4”...although it takes a bit of fab work.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
manual steering is fine in these cars.
no need for power

I know, mine was manual. Turning from a start takes some effort, but once you’re going it’s ok...well, except how many turns lock to lock. The older PS units didn’t like high revs to much, and I built my 400 Pontiac motor for high revs. Kept having problems so other than the weight savings, that was the other reason I went manual.

You don’t need heat either, I’d chuck the HVAC too. Frees up a ton of space under the hood. Really easy to make a block off plate for those cars.

Thread Info