New hellcat stock blower record....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ding ding ding!!! Obviously more to the setup but im a douche for asking or pointing it out........

:io:
My current set up and [MENTION=10390]1EVILV[/MENTION] set up with a 18" rim/tire on the rear and a race gas tune or E85 is very capable of running consistent high 9 second passes. Could I do it, probably not right now. But give me a shit load of more seat time, then sure. Bone stock motors with no weight reduction

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
My current set up and [MENTION=10390]1EVILV[/MENTION] set up with a 18" rim/tire on the rear and a race gas tune or E85 is very capable of running consistent high 9 second passes. Could I do it, probably not right now. But give me a shit load of more seat time, then sure. Bone stock motors with no weight reduction

Tire size change will pick up for sure!:bigthumb: But when you say a shit load of seat time, I am afraid that your blower might be worn out by then or did they fix that problem by now?:dunno: Not hating as they are cool for the pigs that they are!:wavey:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Tire size change will pick up for sure!:bigthumb: But when you say a shit load of seat time, I am afraid that your blower might be worn out by then or did they fix that problem by now?:dunno: Not hating as they are cool for the pigs that they are!:wavey:
Issue has been fixed from what I have read. Thought it only affected 15's and early 16's. (mine is a late 16) I could be 100% wrong as I'm still learning, but thats just from what I have read on the Hellcat boards.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
That's pretty crazy but why customer cars don't run that . I have seen like 8 hellcats run during TX2K event and none of them hit 9's

Tim Barth's "900rwhp" package has these cars in the high to mid 9's consistently on a 17-18" Drag Radial. A guy who had never been to the track before took his down the track. Made 3 passes and ran a 9.5 as the best.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Gotta be more to this setup.

Weight?
Cam?
Ported heads?
Still 6.2?

Im sure Ill catch hell for even asking but I remember when people couldnt get a Hellpig in the 9s without nitrous, now basement 9s without?

Just saying something sure doesnt add up here.

Backseats removed
Passenger seat removed and has a Kirky seat
He bought 2 junkyard doors and put lexan in them, not sure what that saves.
Has a cam
Has ported heads
Better rods/pistons, same comp.
Still a 6.2
Been on a 15" rear setup

Only reason he opened the motor was due to having a wrist pin issue late last year. Car was in the 8's consistently on the bottle on the stock bottom end, cam, heads, etc.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Hmmm...First post car is a stock blower car with boltons / E85 and now ended up being a fully built and gutted trailered race car

Welll....if you didn't assume it was somewhat fast with that wind catcher on the back then I don't know.

He ran faster on his stock motor.

Car could probably be daily driven if he wanted.

To compare...

He beat the previous blower only record of 9.3, which was a full weight car with 15 tires in the back. Running just a boost a pump to keep up with the bigger injectors.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Not sure this:
Backseats removed
Has a cam
Has ported heads

Equals " fully built and gutted trailered race car"

But probably should have mentioned the cam and heads in the beginning....
Still, awesome.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Backseats removed
Has a cam
Has ported heads
Still a 6.2
Been on a 15" rear setup

Only reason he opened the motor was due to having a wrist pin issue late last year. Car was in the 8's consistently on the bottle on the stock bottom end, cam, heads, etc.

Haha thanks FAR from "just a stock blower" car!!

I knew that pig was on a serious diet!!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
In any case, after running into some engine troubles late last season, Michael Cole had the supercharged Hemi removed from his Dodge Challenger and rebuilt with some extra goodies. Yesterday, he headed to the track to see what his new setup would do without the aid of nitrous and we would say that it did pretty well – setting a new world record for a Hellcat car without nitrous oxide.

During the off-season, Cole turned to Extreme Muscle Performance to rebuild and beef up his supercharged Hemi. EMP used a stock Hellcat block and crankshaft, but this Hemi has stronger rods and pistons and a custom EMP camshaft. The cylinder heads were lightly ported and the supercharger is a stock IHI unit, rebuilt by Jon Bond Performance and fitted with a smaller-than-stock pulley for added boost. Also new for 2018 is an ice tank setup installed by Swamp Yankee Performance.

In addition to the engine upgrades, Michael Cole’s car has undergone significant weight reduction which appears to include fixed, lightweight composite windows and a bare-bones interior. This car has the 15-inch wheel conversion, allowing him to run those huge tires out back and the stock transmission has been tuned to get through the gears as efficiently as possible.

:bowrofl: Soooo umm here is the list of what is STILL stock

- the blower

:rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Dumb ass go back and re-read the posts
Talking about 2 different cars. Grudge car is the one I saw at track last weekend. Full weight stock blower, stock motor. Ran in the single digits.

No im talking about this 9.1 "stock blower" car.

Man this blew up in your face I understand why your panties are twisted........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info