New hellcat stock blower record....

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I’m not shooting for mid 9’s just in the upper region of the 9’s but I have stock suspension stock axels and drive shaft no weight reduction, I actually added weight with the ice tank, blower headers exhaust fuel system e85, if it 60’s in the 1.5 range it will be right there

Go ahead port the heads have the blower rebuilt, and throw it on a diet while you are at it those things dont matter as long as you keep that "stock blower (case)"

:iorofl:

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
14338c36f7ce62df52529a3bba5f2f1d.jpg

No shame in running the hell pig decal....I thought I coined that phrase. I guess not.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Hellpigs are heavy but the power makes up for it , they are so easy to make big power .Atleast Dodge got balls and sourced a nice size blower for the Hellcat platform unless like GM that went 15 years backwards and put the same size blower on LT4 engine as 03-04 Cobra had

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Thanks for your service.

I was going to ask why you had the sticker on your car if you weren't.

Dad retired with 30 years on the job, out of Firehouse 22 in Chicago.

Worked on Hazmat for about 8-10 years too. Loved it.

Thanks,

I'm ok with people having them if they are family, etc. They are more "common" though than that I think lol.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Hellpigs are heavy but the power makes up for it , they are so easy to make big power .Atleast Dodge got balls and sourced a nice size blower for the Hellcat platform unless like GM that went 15 years backwards and put the same size blower on LT4 engine as 03-04 Cobra had

They nailed it with the slightly larger Demon blower. 2.7 vs 2.4 Liter. Makes the equivalent boost/power that my car makes with a smaller upper pulley.

In August of 2016, a replacement IHI supercharger was almost 12,500 from Dodge, now if you buy from the dealer (which would be crazy), they are 4500. Lots of guys are jumping on the Whipple train even though I have yet to see one successfully get down the track. Maybe this year will be the year they get that sorted out...

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Your blower is fine unless you hear it loud at idle, even hose seem to have lasted. I had mine replaced under warranty.

This is the only thing that has bothered me about possibly buying a used Hellcat. A 15 or 16 would be close to be out of warranty. You almost have to buy an extended warranty for several $1Ks and then not be able to modify it or void the warranty? Replacement SC are not cheap. I saw somewhere Joker performance has come up with an idler pulley that might help the SC bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info