New Dyno #'s with the 2.2 KB

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
Well we made it out to see Bob Kurgan, at Eurotech I just want to add what a great guy to deal with.

It was seriously hot today, and I was impressed what the car put out in that heat.

We made about a total of 6 or 7 pulls. At 15psi the car made 540rwhp and 482ft/lbs this was at 90 degrees and the humidity was at 48%.

Swapped the pulleys and a 17psi we dialed in at 572rwhp and 503ft/lbs at 93 degrees and 41% humidity. So over all I am really pleased with the car considering it was 90 degrees outside by 9:45am. I can imagine if we dynoed it on a 70 degree day she would be close to 600.

I'd like to thank my friend Geoff for taking the time and trailering the car, and introducing me to Bob, also thanks to Jeff Alice for helping out. And thank you BOB KURGAN for making it all possible. :headbang:

Marko

Reaction score
Congrats and good numbers in the heat/humidity :biggthump

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Shit..too hot for dyno pulls. Go back to the dyno in spring and lite those rollers on fire!

Great numbers tho..!

Maniak

Reaction score
i have not seen an unhappy kurgan customer!!

nice results! it was just as hot when i went out there for the tune but it was mid day, lucky u were there earlier in the day or it would have been hotter!

have fun :biggthump

DSG03COBRA

Reaction score
Awesome numbers! What kind of timing were you running on the 17psi? And was that on pump gas?

ITSQUIK

Big Trouble in Little China
Reaction score
Nice numbers man!!! Congrats:headbang:

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
Awesome numbers! What kind of timing were you running on the 17psi? And was that on pump gas?
17psi was 19 deg on pump gas and when the motor gets heat soaked, itll pull out up to 3 degrees..... the air charge temps were in the mid 120s and this was 93 octane..

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
man.. i just started thinking about this... I started tuning this morning at 9am and I got home at 11pm... it was FREAKING HOT... the shop got to 98 degrees and 50% humidity...

anyhow, his car had 20degrees of timing and 17psi (same theory with heat soak though)... there was a 50/50 mix of 93/100 octane... we did the 15psi tune on straight 93 and it had 19degrees.... i did another whipple 2.3l later in the day with a diablosport that had the above timing numbers...

shoot, i dont know which way is up... 6 cars today and 13hrs... im beat!

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
Thanks :biggthump. 20 degrees I believe, and no it was on 100 octane to be safe. Since it is a 19# pulley, but because of the heat we were only seeing like 17.8-18 psi. She has more left on that tune it just needs to be cooler.

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
man.. i just started thinking about this... I started tuning this morning at 9am and I got home at 11pm... it was FREAKING HOT... the shop got to 98 degrees and 50% humidity...

anyhow, his car had 20degrees of timing and 17psi (same theory with heat soak though)... there was a 50/50 mix of 93/100 octane... we did the 15psi tune on straight 93 and it had 19degrees.... i did another whipple 2.3l later in the day with a diablosport that had the above timing numbers...

shoot, i dont know which way is up... 6 cars today and 13hrs... im beat!
Thats why youre the man Bob.:headbang: Very happy customer here. Took her out las night when it was cooler, and she is even meaner. Thanks again. Will be back for more....

Nachtsturm

Reaction score
Congrats on the numbers, are you staying there for boost are are you eventually going to go higher?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom