TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
GM and damage to interior knobs?

Shocking....

Lane did you also save them to a 3 ¹/² floppy A? Lolol

You need not be concerned about my "floppy" mmmkay... :D

These were not Holden correct?

Yes, it is based on the Holden WM platform which the Statesman down under is. The WM is basically a stretched VE Commodore (G8 here, the SS is the next gen VF platform), for all points of reference.

Rather g8 than

Yes and no. Both have plusses and minusses.

Agreed, and newer and Chevy still exists.

This is one of the plusses. However for the G8, you're getting more options/features and nicer rental space than the Caprice. One of the issues I have when I look at Caprice's is right away factoring in things I would need to add to get the Caprice to a G8 level. Fog lights, heated seats, sunroof, etc... Again though, on the flip, you can get a Caprice much cheaper even with decent mileage.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
This is one of the plusses. However for the G8, you're getting more options/features and nicer rental space than the Caprice. One of the issues I have when I look at Caprice's is right away factoring in things I would need to add to get the Caprice to a G8 level. Fog lights, heated seats, sunroof, etc... Again though, on the flip, you can get a Caprice much cheaper even with decent mileage.
I kind of equate this to the guys that buy cucv’s and then go all out trying to make it a civilian truck. Improve on it but if you want to make something into something else, just buy that vehicle. Loses all its charm.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Does this have a standard back seat or is it a some sort of plastic cop car seat?

They come from the factory I believe in two options. Rear seat delete or with the rear seat. However, many departments can buy the plastic molded seats to fit back there when they're converting it out with the perp partition.

I kind of equate this to the guys that buy cucv’s and then go all out trying to make it a civilian truck. Improve on it but if you want to make something into something else, just buy that vehicle. Loses all its charm.

I WOULD keep or add the necessary outside strobe lights and antenna's to keep the outward exterior look. :D

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Behind a WeGo 9C1 this morning, I've got a real hard on for these things for some fucking reason...

ANyway, cruising AutoTrader tonight, found this one at Terry's in Penisylvania I believe. A little high at $12,800 for 97k, but this car overall looks pretty kick ass. Camaro 20's, lowered (one of the issue with putting the Camaro 20's on is that it gives the car a 4x4 look), added exhaust tips to dress up the anemic pipes, etc... This just has a nice stance. There is also some interior damage to knobs and such. So I saved these off to my PC;

j9K34OZ.jpg

bKxUX3c.jpg

tOPlAAh.jpg

olkIIes.jpg

I was set to buy this from that same dealer about a year ago but it sold before I had a chance. Weird that it’s back at the same dealer for sale at the same price.

Thread Info