New dd v.adulting

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I bought a CV through them. Would not hesitate buying something else from them, they were awesome.

If you keep an eye on their inventory, they have some pretty sweet stuff rolling through there. Ex-boarder patrol Raptors, F-250's, ton's of PPV 'Hoe's, Caprices, EcoBoost Taurii, plus random stuff now and again.

I'm only looking at Caprice's. Come spring, it's on my checklist. I would rather have a G8 GT (remember, I'm looking at this as a daily, not another garage queen), but prices on them seem to stay hovering in the upper teens for a moderate mileage, clean used version. There are exceptions, but I usually find something wrong with them... Anyway, these things (Caprice's) can be had for under $10k commonly, granted they're a little more plebian by comparison, but still, the core parts are there... I actually have to say, I've been kinda wanting one. Saw a Statie going north on 31 this morning in his, and then in West Chicago this morning, I saw one of ours...

NMSuYKz.jpg

I know its for function but fuck. Its soo bad

Finding a 9C3 (O.p.'s is a 9C1), gets the nicer G8 style center console.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm only looking at Caprice's. Come spring, it's on my checklist. I would rather have a G8 GT (remember, I'm looking at this as a daily, not another garage queen), but prices on them seem to stay hovering in the upper teens for a moderate mileage, clean used version. There are exceptions, but I usually find something wrong with them... Anyway, these things (Caprice's) can be had for under $10k commonly, granted they're a little more plebian by comparison, but still, the core parts are there... I actually have to say, I've been kinda wanting one. Saw a Statie going north on 31 this morning in his, and then in West Chicago this morning, I saw one of ours...

NMSuYKz.jpg

I think the biggest problem you're going to run into with the Caprices is parts (albeit for the G8 too or if you wanted to go SS). Yeah the driveline parts are easily sourced, it's all the other little BS that's going to be difficult. I would step into a Caprice, except I don't want to have a DD where parts are difficult to find.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Fortunately there is a decent enough community with these things that there are all the parts and numbers listed somewhere. Rockauto also has it listed I think. So for the near future I’m good, when things get hard to find and if I actually still have it, then race car time I guess.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think the biggest problem you're going to run into with the Caprices is parts (albeit for the G8 too or if you wanted to go SS). Yeah the driveline parts are easily sourced, it's all the other little BS that's going to be difficult. I would step into a Caprice, except I don't want to have a DD where parts are difficult to find.

I'm well versed on the Holden parts issues. :D

Engine and drivetrain really aren't the issue as they're shared with other GMNA parts bins and of course, the aftermarket. It's body and Aussie specific stuff that's more the issue.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Behind a WeGo 9C1 this morning, I've got a real hard on for these things for some fucking reason...

ANyway, cruising AutoTrader tonight, found this one at Terry's in Penisylvania I believe. A little high at $12,800 for 97k, but this car overall looks pretty kick ass. Camaro 20's, lowered (one of the issue with putting the Camaro 20's on is that it gives the car a 4x4 look), added exhaust tips to dress up the anemic pipes, etc... This just has a nice stance. There is also some interior damage to knobs and such. So I saved these off to my PC;

j9K34OZ.jpg

bKxUX3c.jpg

tOPlAAh.jpg

olkIIes.jpg

Thread Info