New brakes for the G8

If I may interject, it doesn't really matter what long tubes you go with, as long as you get long tubes and the matching company's off road x pipe. From there, I wouldn't recommend the Corsa axle back. Over priced and too loud/red neck truck sounding. Rather, find yourself some used GXP mufflers. They flow plenty and will have ZERO drone while cruising, but sound gloriously nasty free revving and under WOT, when paired with long tubes.

I appreciate the advice and I have the GXP mufflers on the car currently. I am just concerned about the drone but I am pretty sure I can alleviate that when I have the AFM tuned out and I would rather just go with a full Kook's, ARH, or the other system that Tonz was talking about. I was going to stick with the 1 7/8" primaries because I do plan to go FI at some point with a pro charger or TT system.

Thanks for all of the compliments as I can't take my eyes off of this car as it is and people ask me about it all of the time.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Performance wise, the gxp mufflers flow plenty well for anything you want to do with the car, but wont have that drone. Really all you're gaining from any of the aforementioned axle back systems is a full stainless muffler (I think a lot of them look tacky on the G8) and more rasp. Either way, you'll be in love with the power gains once you throw the long tubes and x pipe on.

Thread Info