• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

need ideas for school....

xplicitt

Reaction score
I have to do a short demonstration speech for a class and I need some ideas, can anyone help me out here??? Thanks in advance ;)

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
im gonna have to double that CAI idea. Wait... better yet, how to installa CAM. That will easily surpass your 3-5minute timer

dsk727

Reaction score
Just try to make the speech about something that you know a lot about on a normal day to day basis, that is the easiest. Becuase then you will not be as nervous with having to remember notes or read off of cards. That was what I did, one of my speeches was on Hockey. Explained the basics of how it worked, had some visual aids, wore a Hawks jersey, my speech teacher loved it.

Any more advice just let me kow, I was a speech major in college, must have done 100 speeches and presentations.

Denise :)

xplicitt

Reaction score
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Nov 12 2003, 12:45 PM
speak clearly!!! and don't get wobly knees~
i know how to talk during a speech, but don't knwo what to do it on. Good try though....lol

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I once did a speech on Milli Vannili for a college course. Went over well. Did a slide show and music excerpts.

MrT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 12 2003, 02:01 PM
I once did a speech on Milli Vannili for a college course. Went over well. Did a slide show and music excerpts.
before or after they were foud out to be a fraud???

MrT

I

imported_Ron Vogel

After, but don't be dissin' my Milli! I even included some facts as a comparison to the Spice girls (shows how long ago this was) My favorite speech by far was on genetically engineered foods, but I don't see how a demonstration could be done on that. In 5th grade, I watched a very entertaining demonstration on how to destroy a GI Joe doll. I laughed my ass off, so did the rest of the class. Can you believe the guy got an F, and had to serve a detention for it, they are really trying to censure us! I am sick and tired of the man trying to hold me down!!!

Aircal

Reaction score
I did mine on motorcycle helmet safety. Ended it by head butting the wall, with the helmet on of course!
Why not get a door panel and show how to properly wax a car finish?

xplicitt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aircal@Nov 12 2003, 03:17 PM
I did mine on motorcycle helmet safety. Ended it by head butting the wall, with the helmet on of course!
Why not get a door panel and show how to properly wax a car finish?
i like the helmet idea, can you give me some examples on the things that you talked about???

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Isn't there a law against polishing your helmet in public? Oh, nevermind - two different subjects. You could do something on helmet safety. How to safely handle your helmet or something.

sweetness

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 12 2003, 03:48 PM
Isn't there a law against polishing your helmet in public? Oh, nevermind - two different subjects. You could do something on helmet safety. How to safely handle your helmet or something.
wrong.. so wrong

BC

Aircal

Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty of facts out there to build your speech on. Mine was a long time ago. I had also just lost a close friend who didn't put his on.
By the way....knocked myself dizzy when I wacked my head. Had to stand there and say "See that didn't hurt me a bit." :lol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom