Need help please.

03sport007

Reaction score
When I did my eaton swap I followed the Triolgy instructions (I think it's been awhile) and used black rtv to seal the blower to the lower intake. It's been 15k miles and I want to take it apart to see how much oil is in there (I kept my pcv) but I can't seperate them. It's like they are super glued together. Any ideas?

03sport007

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown3.8
I use a small screwdriver between on the corner where a bolt is so I don't make a ding on a critical sealing surface. To get a little gap as previously mentioned. Then take a razor blade and run it in the gap to cut the rtv. Once you get a few inches form the corner going on both sides then lifting the blower will keep tearing the rtv.

Just make sure you flaten the spot where you put the screwdriver before it goes back together or it might not seal the next time around.

I also like using loctite flange sealant. Its not sticky like RTV so it comes apart later. But you have to have thick flanges like on an eaton. It doesn't work so well on the trilogy plate cause its thin.

That was the ticket. Did a little grinding to a screw driver to make it thinner and got aggressive on a non sealing area. Worked a couple areas and it finally popped!!!! Thanks

Eaton Swap Tuned by Fast Specialities

Trans rebuilt by Darin at BC Automotive with a Triple Disc 11in Circle D TC. Tuned by Zack. The man that made my Marauder fun again.

4.10 gears with Cobra clutches. No more one wheel peel

Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

Next bigger brakes!!!!

musclemerc

Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the lower intake after you get done.

Did you plug the pcv connector at the bottom of the SC?

03sport007

Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the lower intake after you get done.

Did you plug the pcv connector at the bottom of the SC?

Yes the bottom of the lower intake is plugged. I'll get some pictures but everything is pretty much coated in oil. I'll be installing a catch can.

massacre

Reaction score
Anyone have the torque sequence/specs for installing the blower back onto the lower? I keep getting conflicting information.

musclemerc

Reaction score
Here you go Rob, this is the same for either (lower intake to cylinder head, and SC to lower intake)

DS

4-----8-----2-----6-----10
/
/B
/A-------------Lower Intake------- Torque to 89 In Lbs
/C
/K
3-----7-----1-----5------9

PS

massacre

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Travis!

Will this work for Terminator setup or is this just for the Trilogy?

massacre

Reaction score
Great, thanks!

I just got A free gasket last night from a friend who went KB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom