• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need help please.

03sport007

Aug 4, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown3.8
I use a small screwdriver between on the corner where a bolt is so I don't make a ding on a critical sealing surface. To get a little gap as previously mentioned. Then take a razor blade and run it in the gap to cut the rtv. Once you get a few inches form the corner going on both sides then lifting the blower will keep tearing the rtv.

Just make sure you flaten the spot where you put the screwdriver before it goes back together or it might not seal the next time around.

I also like using loctite flange sealant. Its not sticky like RTV so it comes apart later. But you have to have thick flanges like on an eaton. It doesn't work so well on the trilogy plate cause its thin.

That was the ticket. Did a little grinding to a screw driver to make it thinner and got aggressive on a non sealing area. Worked a couple areas and it finally popped!!!! Thanks

Eaton Swap Tuned by Fast Specialities

Trans rebuilt by Darin at BC Automotive with a Triple Disc 11in Circle D TC. Tuned by Zack. The man that made my Marauder fun again.

4.10 gears with Cobra clutches. No more one wheel peel

Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

Next bigger brakes!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list