Nascar Fans Step-in!

Are you a NASCAR fan?

• Yes

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 53.5%

• Total voters
I grew up in the Pittsburgh area. My family started racing sprint cars before I was born. From birth my brother and I grew up in the pits. I grew up a race fan, I've been watching nascar forever. Watching an auto race on TV is OK, it's better from the grandstands, but awesome from the infield/pits.

I have been a Tony Stewart fan since his rookie year. Hate the Bush brothers, Gordon, and Johnson.

It's nice a rookie won the Daytona 500 his first time. Too bad this is the start and the end of his career at the same time. If a nobody wins something like this it's usually a death sentence to his career.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I saw this briefly while on lunch yesterday, what's up with that? :dunno:

It is based on two thing, the resurfacing at Daytona, and the new aeropackage. A pair of cars were quicker than a pack of cars say 4 or 5 in a row. Also the new package allows them to run planted on the bumper through-out the corner! It was crazy and made from some intense racing

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Yeah, seeing them push around the entire track was crazy. Previously they would push on the straights and let off in the corner.

Yea if I was a driver i'd try and be funny and put a big decal on the rear bumper that says push here with a set of arrows pointing down.

I do agree for givig kudos to bayne. Holding off Carl Edwards who tried making a run on the inside of him in turn 4.

I agree with kj. It was funny to hear him say... I can't believe it! I don't even know where pit row is!

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
anyone notice the rear spoiler ? seems they were @ a higher degree/angle than on shorter tracks.

not sure if i noticed that in the 2nd half of last year at the super speedways

Last year they had the ricer style spoiler at daytona. This year is the newer oldschool style spoiler. I dont remember when they started encorperating the new spoiler last year. Had to be the last 10ish races

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The Brickyard is a blast. When they began in 94 we had tickets all the way up until I think 2001. Our seats were at the exit of turn 1 about 5 rows from the track wall. Joe you guys will have a blast if you get tickets! It was so much fun

Chicagoland is a tad better, mostly because pretty much wherever you sit you'll see the entire track. My dad and I have been there a few times.

A few of us were thinking of doing Chicagoland this year. Sucks they cancelled the summer race, I don't think I can wait until September :fu:

Thread Info