Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
could have been a fender bender and the cops reported it....itll get tagged.....i honestly wouldnt worry TOO much about it....my evo showed up on the auction block a few times but my car was also a dealer car a few times...i wouldnt go strickly by what carfax says as ive read they're records arent entirely accurate..drive it and see what u think....check the body for any visual flaws...pop the hood and feel around the frame...make sure everything feels straight

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Well where do you think this used car place bought it? Ding ding ding, an auction.
How did it get in the auction system?
Well, it wasn't in a big accident- if it was the insurance company would've had to total the car and pay off the owner- and issue a salvage title. It's not there.
It was likely a trade in- and one dealer couldn't sell it so they unloaded it to another dealer or to an auction. Very common.

It was in a fender bender- no big deal. Police came out and made a report of the accident- it was so small both parties agreed not to have insurance involved. The other car could've taken the hit worse and it's not for sure the damage was over $500- the police don't come out with adjusters to judge if it warrants a report.

The same checks before buying any car apply. Look for overspray, tolerances between panels, etc etc.
You wanted to know why this was a cheap car- now you have your answer. Used car guys don't sell cars cheap when they can make more over market value. No one has been able to sell this car and they know it- or they're the worst businessman in the world.

And who the fuck doesn't know the GTO is a Holden Monaro?!?!?! Been living under a rock?!!!!!

And there's no way they listed that car on their website and you just happened to look at it 5 minutes later. They're playin' you.

Thread Info