My new car. Let me show you it.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
you go to junk yards to buy daily drivers?

Not junkyards... essentially dealerships that lease a parking space to you and take a certain percentage of what the vehicle sells for. There's a shitload of 'em here in Anchorage and some actually have decent rides in 'em.

Worse. Save-U-More. There isn't a Wal-Mart within, oh, 150+ miles of here.

There's a Fred Meyer in Soldotna... close enough.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Worse. Save-U-More. There isn't a Wal-Mart within, oh, 150+ miles of here.

seriously-shut-up.jpg

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
i hate to hijack a thread and a cripple fight (sorry dont like Tempos) but do you guys actually fish on the Bering Sea? If so, what boats are you on? Sorry Deadliest Catch fan i just want to know what you guys do.

FTF - dont let sools off too easy he thinks his ride is the shit bc of the impala badge.:rolleyes::nuts:

carry on...

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
i hate to hijack a thread and a cripple fight (sorry dont like Tempos) but do you guys actually fish on the Bering Sea? If so, what boats are you on? Sorry Deadliest Catch fan i just want to know what you guys do.

You don't seriously think that everyone that lives in Alaska ia a commercial fisherman on that show, do you?

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
Not junkyards... essentially dealerships that lease a parking space to you and take a certain percentage of what the vehicle sells for. There's a shitload of 'em here in Anchorage and some actually have decent rides in 'em.

There's a Fred Meyer in Soldotna... close enough.

Fred Meyer's > Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is coming to Kenai soon though, right by the Stanley Chrysler dealer.

FTF - dont let sools off too easy he thinks his ride is the shit bc of the impala badge.:rolleyes::nuts:

carry on...
Nah.. We fish on the Cook Inlet region. Other side of the Aleutians. I haven't seen Deadliest Catch honestly, but I'm assuming they are drift net fishers.. My operation is of the gill/set-net variety. Smaller scale (we catch less), but also much cheaper to operate. Deadliest Catch fishers get big bad ass boats, and we've got aluminum bath tubs and Ford F-Series trucks. Observe:

IMG_7620.jpg

IMG_7622-Copy.jpg

FishTotes-1.jpg

This operation has been in my family for three generations. Before Alaska was a state, and when my grandparents had to have their goods shipped in my barge via the inlet (no road connecting my small fishing community with the rest of the world).

No. Everybody else is an ice road trucker.
I do not approve of stereotypes. Now just because my dad's a ice road trucker (no shit), and because I'm a fishermen, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Fucking generalizations.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007

carry on...
Excuse me? I've never said a word good or bad to you on this forum but you're going to just randomly target me because I stated the facts on something?

I don't think my car is "the shit" however, I do think it is "shit" and that is why I want something else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info