• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

My GTP fails me for 1st time

J.E.T.

Reaction score
Here I am right now stuck at Papa Johns parking ot waiting for a tow truck.

I havent driven my GP in almost 3 weeks. So today I decide to take it out for a spin. Why not get a pizza while Im at it - I say to myself. I start up the car and it cranks a bit longer than usual. That seems normal since it hasnt been driven for a while. I drive to PApa Johns and its closer than I thought- less than 5 min away. I pick up the Pizza. Start the car it it starts - but sputters seconds later. Lets try that again - start it - cranks cranks cranks... no turn over. damm. wait .

ohh tow trucks here. contnue later.

JET

J.E.T.

Reaction score
So what was wrong with it?
[/b]

From troubleshooting - it seems to be the fuel pump. I cant hear it prime when I turn the key on. I had to disable my IC pump in order to selectively hear it. I sprayed starting fluid down the tb and it starts for a split second and dies. Fuse is OK. I cant easily put a gauge on it cause I have the ZZP logs. I've experienced this before on my other GP's - so I'm pretty sure its the pump.

Its a quick fix - but it sure threw a wrench in my selling the car plans.

I think the car threw a tantrum because it sensed I was selling her. :lolsign:

Ahh, fate decreed that I keep this car longer. Im happy with that.

Anyone have a 2001+ fuel pump lying around?

J.E.T.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
That sucks JET. If it helps I have a Walbro 3800 specific pump and rewire from ZZP. Brand new. :D

J.E.T.

Reaction score
GTP is up and running again ! :lol: Replaced the fuel pump.

Fish, Syp, Sinr, Voytek - thanks for the offer of support. One of the best things about owning a GP is the support you can get from the club and the abundance of parts all over.

Special thanks to URLOSN for the donor fuel pump.

J.E.T.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom