3800 My GTP fails me for 1st time

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Here I am right now stuck at Papa Johns parking ot waiting for a tow truck.

I havent driven my GP in almost 3 weeks. So today I decide to take it out for a spin. Why not get a pizza while Im at it - I say to myself. I start up the car and it cranks a bit longer than usual. That seems normal since it hasnt been driven for a while. I drive to PApa Johns and its closer than I thought- less than 5 min away. I pick up the Pizza. Start the car it it starts - but sputters seconds later. Lets try that again - start it - cranks cranks cranks... no turn over. damm. wait .

ohh tow trucks here. contnue later.

JET

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
So what was wrong with it?
[/b]

From troubleshooting - it seems to be the fuel pump. I cant hear it prime when I turn the key on. I had to disable my IC pump in order to selectively hear it. I sprayed starting fluid down the tb and it starts for a split second and dies. Fuse is OK. I cant easily put a gauge on it cause I have the ZZP logs. I've experienced this before on my other GP's - so I'm pretty sure its the pump.

Its a quick fix - but it sure threw a wrench in my selling the car plans.

I think the car threw a tantrum because it sensed I was selling her. :lolsign:

Ahh, fate decreed that I keep this car longer. Im happy with that.

Anyone have a 2001+ fuel pump lying around?

J.E.T.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
GTP is up and running again ! :lol: Replaced the fuel pump.

Fish, Syp, Sinr, Voytek - thanks for the offer of support. One of the best things about owning a GP is the support you can get from the club and the abundance of parts all over.

Special thanks to URLOSN for the donor fuel pump.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info