mustang vendor drama

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
and you thought the grand prix vendors were bad lol

Cliffs: owner of AED tuning calls ex customer's dealership that he works for and tries to get him fired, because he herd he was talking shit on the interweb after he switched to LUND for tuning

[email protected] called my work to get me fired!!

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
LOL. Jeeeeeezus that is crazy if true. I contacted AED a while back for a tune and got a weird vibe from the e-mail which put me off from getting one. I am sure they do good work, but I am not about to trust my investment to a dude that has attitude issues over a simple e-mail.

Lund got big poppa Eagles car screaming, looks like that is where i am going.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Im not in any way saying aed is sub par just what i saw posted on the webz, I have a basic lund tune right now i will be doing remote tuning with them in the spring when i get some new mods

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
I worked with Shaun alot on my first 11GT. Basically beta tested like 30 tunes for him. He was an eccentric the whole way. Holier than thou and whatnot. You couldnt tell him nothing. And when I had issues, I had to fight him to look at my logs after he swore up and down it was my car, not his tune (LIKE EVERYFUCKING TUNER DOES). But it wasnt my car, and the logs showed that when he'd finally look at them. You would have to pubically call him out on SVTP in the coyote section to get an answer from him. He got too big too quick, and it went to his already huge head. Theres a few times I told him he was lucky he lived on the west coast. Good tuner, but not nearly as big as the hype. His tunes did make good power though, and he was much more advanced with the lope tune than LUND ever was. I dont regret working with him, but had I known it would have been that hard to get a solid tune, i'd have gone with lund or BBR or even VMP over him. Just for a little customer service respect.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
What a bitch move to try and get someone fired

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score
:popcorn:

^^^ What I'm doing in the SVTP thread. I am only about a page or two in, but so far so good. Dealing with shit like this from tuners is basically the entire reason why I decided to learn to tune my own cars years ago. Too many prima-donnas out there.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
read the whole thread earlier today. Glad I didn't go through him. I also got a weird vibe when emailing him

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
I worked with Shaun alot on my first 11GT. Basically beta tested like 30 tunes for him. He was an eccentric the whole way. Holier than thou and whatnot. You couldnt tell him nothing. And when I had issues, I had to fight him to look at my logs after he swore up and down it was my car, not his tune (LIKE EVERYFUCKING TUNER DOES). But it wasnt my car, and the logs showed that when he'd finally look at them. You would have to pubically call him out on SVTP in the coyote section to get an answer from him. He got too big too quick, and it went to his already huge head. Theres a few times I told him he was lucky he lived on the west coast. Good tuner, but not nearly as big as the hype. His tunes did make good power though, and he was much more advanced with the lope tune than LUND ever was. I dont regret working with him, but had I known it would have been that hard to get a solid tune, i'd have gone with lund or BBR or even VMP over him. Just for a little customer service respect.
Unfortunately this seems to happen to a lot of tuners. Awhile ago I dealt with a local tuner that followed this path. Never ends well for either party.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Unfortunately this seems to happen to a lot of tuners. Awhile ago I dealt with a local tuner that followed this path. Never ends well for either party.
Yeah you really have to take tuning with a grain of salt. Even the best, have issues with certain setups. The only thing in Shaun's defense, is his tunes are very solid now. He owned an early 2011 GT and all his tunes were based from that car and all the dyno/track/street tuning he did. He was also the first into the 10's N/A with very light mods iirc.

Again, I helped beta test so many of his tunes here for him, along with a guy in Louisiana. That was before he got big on SVTP and started selling like crazy. Thats all he had too was a badass coyote tune for the manual cars, and the idle lope tune to go with it. It was completely different than the Lund tune, and Shaun was also one of like 3 tuners in the country that figured out why the #8 cylinders on the coyote was torching. His tunes were always safe from that huge issue, but not Lunds.

Lunds tunes were first to market with the lope, and the tunes were shot out setup like their were tuning the 4.6's. And with every first to market tune, all the little guys grabbed the value file from SCT that Lund did, and sold it. And many coyote's died from it. Shauns tunes were very tight and he would only sell you a tune if you sent him before logs of your car to make sure it wasnt already hurt. THen before he would dial you in after your initial mail-order tune, you had to re-log again after and send those in. Then he would send you a final tune and it was balls out. My 2011 GT/CS sang. That car went [email protected] on a bald DR only. Paper filter and all.

And as I dont agree with what he did, or his attitude to current and future customers, you really cant go wrong with his Coyote tunes. They are dialed in for boltons.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Has Lund or vmp figured out tunes for the coyotes to protect #8 as well? [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION].

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's been figured out for years now. Hell Bama even offers a guarantee now that their tunes won't torch it. I'd never go bama either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom