Sports MTB Madness!

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I do it with the fork locked out and the gate like half way so it gives but then locks again when it unloads.

I finally got a shock pump so I played around with settings a bit yesterday. Set + to 140 and - to 130. It was a bit bouncy when pedaling hard still but it cycled well. I need to read a bit more on getting rid of some pedal bob

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yea for sure then :rofl:

The leg suggested 145psi for a 185 lb rider. I might take it up to 150.

I like the sag but don't like the bobbing. There's gotta be a way to dial it back. Maybe less negative. :dunno: I've forgotten a lot of my training. I should thumb through my tech book again.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Rode SWK again yesterday. Was out there 5 minutes on an easy part of the trail and came to a section of tree roots. Usually i just go at my normal pace and let the suspension suck it up, but yesterday i decide to push it. Launched a bit over one root and at the same time i landed and compressed the fork, my front tire hit the front side of a good sized root and sent me over the bars. Never went OTB on this bike, and it is not nearly as easy to eject as it is on a BMX bike. Ended up with a skinned shoulder and forearm and slightly scraped helmet, pretty scary regardless. Would like to go again Saturday pending weather.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Roots and rocks are the devil. I fell pretty retarded like the last time I rode the CL trails. I was climbing one of the bigger climbs and my front tire bounced off a big root and popped up sending me backwards and I didn't get my foot clipped out fast enough and fell. All I did was :roflpicard:

I rode my rode bike yesterday. Did sprints till I couldn't do them anymore...ended up riding 13 miles.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I have tried multiple times to ride my SPD pedals at SWK and i just can't. It's way too tight and rocky. Some of the more dirt based trails i can get away with it, but the climbs with loose rocks i end up eating shit without fail when the tire loses traction.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I feel like a total newb riding off road with clipless pedals. I always panic and pull up....which I never do on the road bikes. I'm going to keep at it though. If my friend Tommy T can dirt jump and ride the skate park clipped in I have to be able to ride single track clipped in.

Thread Info