MP or Ported eaton

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
Eventually I'd like to upgrade the blower on my truck. Ideally I want to run a KB 2.6 or Whipple 3.4, but that won't happen until I forge the motor.

I was looking at the Magnum Powers kit or doing a Steggy Stage 5 port. The stage 5 port i believe is 695 if you also port your plenum and TB (which I probably won't because I'm going to run the C&L plenum and a single blade TB). The magnum powers shows that its 1250 for the supercharger case. Now, wtf else would I need to do if thats just the casing? I heard the MP makes only slightly more power than the Eaton at similar boost, but it drops the IATs a lot, and makes a ton of power(especially torque) at higher boost. The MP also screams like a MOFO. I'm not sure what to do yet. NLOC and SVTP had some help, but not enough.

[email protected]

Reaction score
don't waste ur money on a single blade TB.. port your stock, it's not going to show any gains until u start making serious number (750+), and don't waste your money on a steggy either.... If I were you I'd save the money.. I mean if you're plannin on a whipple or Kb later on... no point in upgrading stuff that you're going to change out later.. just my 2 cents, start piecing together stuff for your build instead

OP
S

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
don't waste ur money on a single blade TB.. port your stock, it's not going to show any gains until u start making serious number (750+), and don't waste your money on a steggy either.... If I were you I'd save the money.. I mean if you're plannin on a whipple or Kb later on... no point in upgrading stuff that you're going to change out later.. just my 2 cents, start piecing together stuff for your build instead
the KB or whipple won't be for a long time, so I was looking for something in the meantime. Either a 4lb and everything else stock, or a 6 or 8lb and a stage 5 port.

IZZy