• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MP or Ported eaton

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Eventually I'd like to upgrade the blower on my truck. Ideally I want to run a KB 2.6 or Whipple 3.4, but that won't happen until I forge the motor.

I was looking at the Magnum Powers kit or doing a Steggy Stage 5 port. The stage 5 port i believe is 695 if you also port your plenum and TB (which I probably won't because I'm going to run the C&L plenum and a single blade TB). The magnum powers shows that its 1250 for the supercharger case. Now, wtf else would I need to do if thats just the casing? I heard the MP makes only slightly more power than the Eaton at similar boost, but it drops the IATs a lot, and makes a ton of power(especially torque) at higher boost. The MP also screams like a MOFO. I'm not sure what to do yet. NLOC and SVTP had some help, but not enough.

don't waste ur money on a single blade TB.. port your stock, it's not going to show any gains until u start making serious number (750+), and don't waste your money on a steggy either.... If I were you I'd save the money.. I mean if you're plannin on a whipple or Kb later on... no point in upgrading stuff that you're going to change out later.. just my 2 cents, start piecing together stuff for your build instead

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
don't waste ur money on a single blade TB.. port your stock, it's not going to show any gains until u start making serious number (750+), and don't waste your money on a steggy either.... If I were you I'd save the money.. I mean if you're plannin on a whipple or Kb later on... no point in upgrading stuff that you're going to change out later.. just my 2 cents, start piecing together stuff for your build instead

the KB or whipple won't be for a long time, so I was looking for something in the meantime. Either a 4lb and everything else stock, or a 6 or 8lb and a stage 5 port.

the KB or whipple won't be for a long time, so I was looking for something in the meantime. Either a 4lb and everything else stock, or a 6 or 8lb and a stage 5 port.

the only reason why I said that was because I did that... put a 6lb lower, plenum, TB, idlers, tune, exhaust, headers, meth injection, plugs, etc. and after all the money was spent I was happy with it, but I would have wished I spent that on a built motor, and saved up a little more for a used KB or whipple.... either way you'll be happy with the additional power.

Rafal

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
the only reason why I said that was because I did that... put a 6lb lower, plenum, TB, idlers, tune, exhaust, headers, meth injection, plugs, etc. and after all the money was spent I was happy with it, but I would have wished I spent that on a built motor, and saved up a little more for a used KB or whipple.... either way you'll be happy with the additional power.

Rafal

I've been looking for deals on the original KB 2.3, but I can't afford one until spring when I get my tax return. It seems that these go for around 1800-2200 used. If I could scoop one up and just run 12lbs on it til I can forge the motor, that'd be perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info