YouTube Motorweek Retro Videos

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
That 1994 money Supra would be about $77K today with inflation. I hope the next gen Z sees FI.... and it could be while the upcoming Infiniti Q60 (former G37) is getting a 3.0L TT V6...
I was shopping Supra turbos back in ‘97 They weren’t kidding about insurance. That was what ultimately dashed my plan. Insurance cost was just as much as financing. I was looking at getting a used ‘94 and my monthly payment with insurance all in was over $1k. That was stupid money in the late ‘90s. I ended up buying a ‘97 Dodge Dakota sport (5.2 Magnum/3.55 LSD/5 speed) brand new instead. Including my ZX9R, my insurance for full coverage was $250 every 6 months!

The Dakota may sound like a lame choice, but it was a drift machine, and easily got rubber in the first 3 gears. First year or two it got thumbs up everywhere I went. Had a 3/5 drop, body matched handles, bumpers, rear roll pan, rowdy exhaust…sounded like a NASCAR.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was shopping Supra turbos back in ‘97 They weren’t kidding about insurance. That was what ultimately dashed my plan. Insurance cost was just as much as financing. I was looking at getting a used ‘94 and my monthly payment with insurance all in was over $1k. That was stupid money in the late ‘90s. I ended up buying a ‘97 Dodge Dakota sport (5.2 Magnum/3.55 LSD/5 speed) brand new instead. Including my ZX9R, my insurance for full coverage was $250 every 6 months!

The Dakota may sound like a lame choice, but it was a drift machine, and easily got rubber in the first 3 gears. First year or two it got thumbs up everywhere I went. Had a 3/5 drop, body matched handles, bumpers, rear roll pan, rowdy exhaust…sounded like a NASCAR.
What became of the ZX-9R?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What became of the ZX-9R?
Lol…Enron.

Enron owned the company I financed through. After 2nd year I had no place to send payment, no way to get title.

So 2001 came along and my first kid came along. Started losing interest and was only taking it out for track days. About 2004-05 we moved into a new house and sat in the corner of the garage, and gathered dust since we had our second kid and no time for it.

I was in between jobs in 2005, and ended up parting it out since I didn’t have a title. Only had 16k on it

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I always wanted my parents to get one of these :LOL:

Olds and gm tried so hard with the aurora and it just never took off as well as other Oldsmobile models did in the era.

The second gen v8 aurora’s were nice cars but still never sold as they should have.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I always wanted my parents to get one of these :LOL:

Olds and gm tried so hard with the aurora and it just never took off as well as other Oldsmobile models did in the era.

The second gen v8 aurora’s were nice cars but still never sold as they should have.
Had a 1st gen '98 (which was better than the dumbed down, smaller 2nd gen) and it was one of my favorites. I know people here didn't like them, but I did. Fight me... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info