🔧 BUILD More VAG content - 2017 GTI

General Information

Hey, so my GTP has been a money pit lately and I got tired of working on it and throwing money away. I threw the towel in when it broke a rear brake line and the shop said it needs all new brake and fuel lines, at the cost of $1700. I've been without a car for close to a month now while I was shopping. Originally wanted a Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate, but it's been a struggle to find a nice one optioned the way I want anywhere in the US. At the advice of members here in my thread I posted a few weeks ago, I started looking into the GTI. I drove one and loved it, so I bought it.

Without further ado, here's my Tornado Red 2017 GTI Sport with the performance package and manual trans. More pics to come once I get it cleaned up and detailed.

20200719_121005.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
You figure out your possible wastegate issue?
No, not really. I messed with it a couple days ago. I was spinning the rod to adjust the gate voltage but the voltage wasn't changing. I texted Everett and he told me to just bring it to him and he'd look at it. Ever since, the epc light has been off, so I dunno. I watched the live data as I drove it, and voltage is low but raises as I drive. Not sure if that's normal or what so Im still gonna take it out to him. But I ordered the clutch and so I may as well wait and do that then too.

Thread Info