Million mile Nissan

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
gas vs diesel tho, doesn't diesel go longer between changes naturally.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
My wife drove her 98 civic for 3 years with no oil changes...... it also had a blown head gasket and was constantly pushing oil and coolant into places it should not be. I changed filters on it and kept it topped off with used oil from the other cars and we waited for the day it would seize but it never came. It went off to Victory auto wreckers with just about everything else broken on it but that fucker still ran!

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
gas vs diesel tho, doesn't diesel go longer between changes naturally.
It does, but, it goes without having its faults.

The owner of this 1M mile Nissan was expressing pretty good MPG. Diesels really only benefit from miles that are incurred a while after startup since it takes a while to actually get them going.

I am a believer he was able to achieve the mileage posted, but, I am certain he had way more oil changes that is being let on to.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Speaking of oil changes. I had seen a train video recently. The person narrating the video mentioned that the oil in those diesel motors never gets changed unless the motor is going to be torn down. They just simply add more oil as needed and test the oil.

torquelover

Reaction score
That's gotta be a lot of highway miles and match-rev clutchless shifts to get 800k out of it right?

I consider myself lucky to get 100k out of a clutch, pressure plate, or throw out bearing, but then again I drive every one of my cars hard.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Wonder what the insides looked like.

Amsoil is MAYBE good for 10K miles per change. If that.
I'd never do it, but my neighbor up in Hayward does 30,000 mile changes on his trucks. Traded his 1999 7.3 in with 484,000 miles because the truck was so rotted the bed was falling off (and they gave him like $9,000 or something insane on a trade-in allowance on a new F150 for his dad), and is well into the 200's on his 2003 6.0 that he bought from his dad. That 7.3 still ran great at the time, and the 6.0 has been damn reliable for a bone-stock 6.0 for him.

30,000 mile intervals, harsh Northern Wisconsin/ North Dakota winters between his two properties and both engines being HEUI systems beating the shit out of the oil leaves me pretty impressed overall.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn, I’m not sure I would ever even drive a million miles.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Nissan had smaller customer base in their area at the Auto show today. But with the low volume they had, The vast majority was checking out either the GTR or this million mile, red bare bones 4 cylinder Frontier.

Little to no one was checking out the new generation of the Titan Pro-4X or the premier luxury version.

Shall make for a good conversation in the board room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom