Million mile Nissan

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
My wife drove her 98 civic for 3 years with no oil changes...... it also had a blown head gasket and was constantly pushing oil and coolant into places it should not be. I changed filters on it and kept it topped off with used oil from the other cars and we waited for the day it would seize but it never came. It went off to Victory auto wreckers with just about everything else broken on it but that fucker still ran!

Reactions: Grabber

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
gas vs diesel tho, doesn't diesel go longer between changes naturally.
It does, but, it goes without having its faults.

The owner of this 1M mile Nissan was expressing pretty good MPG. Diesels really only benefit from miles that are incurred a while after startup since it takes a while to actually get them going.

I am a believer he was able to achieve the mileage posted, but, I am certain he had way more oil changes that is being let on to.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Wonder what the insides looked like.

Amsoil is MAYBE good for 10K miles per change. If that.

I'd never do it, but my neighbor up in Hayward does 30,000 mile changes on his trucks. Traded his 1999 7.3 in with 484,000 miles because the truck was so rotted the bed was falling off (and they gave him like $9,000 or something insane on a trade-in allowance on a new F150 for his dad), and is well into the 200's on his 2003 6.0 that he bought from his dad. That 7.3 still ran great at the time, and the 6.0 has been damn reliable for a bone-stock 6.0 for him.

30,000 mile intervals, harsh Northern Wisconsin/ North Dakota winters between his two properties and both engines being HEUI systems beating the shit out of the oil leaves me pretty impressed overall.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Nissan had smaller customer base in their area at the Auto show today. But with the low volume they had, The vast majority was checking out either the GTR or this million mile, red bare bones 4 cylinder Frontier.

Little to no one was checking out the new generation of the Titan Pro-4X or the premier luxury version.

Shall make for a good conversation in the board room.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info