• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Marauder Turbo Project Thread

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I finally have the fuel problem sorted out and the car is running quite well.. Only one big problem, the torque converter.

I bought a FTI Triple disk with a 3200 stall. I swear the stock torque converter is in the car. It is way too tight and does not flash even close to 3200. So, Im taking that converter out, having it restalled and will install it in my Whipple car.

In the mean time, I just bought a Circle D Triple Disk 4C with a 4K flash.
Circle D converters use a different stator than FTI which makes them considerably looser. My heavy turbo car definitely needs to build rpm's fast or its a pig.

Will install when it comes in.

Curless

Low buck car collector
Dec 5, 2012
Grand Rapids
I finally have the fuel problem sorted out and the car is running quite well.. Only one big problem, the torque converter.

I bought a FTI Triple disk with a 3200 stall. I swear the stock torque converter is in the car. It is way too tight and does not flash even close to 3200. So, Im taking that converter out, having it restalled and will install it in my Whipple car.

Circle D converters use a different stator than FTI which makes them considerably looser. My heavy turbo car definitely needs to build rpm's fast or its a pig.

Hmm, you should look ask about switch pitch converters for your application...problem with super high stall and a turbo is not enough drag to spool and then it falls on its face. The Buick guys have this issue figured out...

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Hmm, you should look ask about switch pitch converters for your application...problem with super high stall and a turbo is not enough drag to spool and then it falls on its face. The Buick guys have this issue figured out...

If I spent all of my time and money chasing down every tenth the car is capable of, I would not own 5 cars.. I would own one.
Circle D converters are in plenty of Turbo modulars and they work good. I do appreciate you thinking of me tho. :pedobear:

MOTOWN

S/C RWHP ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2012
ATLANTA

It will be interesting to see how that stall works out for you, ive never been a big fan of high stall converters in street cars. I had a 3200 stall in my Turbo Buick and it felt like instant boost off idle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info