• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LSx GTO owners..

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
OK S00ls, here we go. My LS1 SS with minor bolt ons averages 19-20 with all city driving. With city/highway driving I was getting 22mph, which isn't bad at all. They are easy to drive in the snow as long as you know how to counter steer, but you NEED snow tires. If you have summer tires on the car, forget about it. Even evos suck with summer tires in the snow. As for the clutch, it depends how bad you beat on it. Most of my friends replace their clutches every 15k miles or so. They race a lot at the drag strip. If you aren't constantly racing the clutch could probably last around 50k miles or so.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
get a 04. u can pick them up for under 15k w/ some miles (which isnt a big deal). clutches can go for awhile depending on the previous owner. i have no experience w/ lsx cars so i dont know a timeframe on clutch replacement.

driving it in the snow is no different then any other rwd car. toss some snow tires on it and dont drive like an idiot

and ure sure insurance is gonna be the same as an impala? find that hard to believe

my buddies trailblazer ss is less to insure than his monte carlo ss was...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info