ls1 wiring help

51wheelies

Reaction score
Alright guys need some opinions,

I have a Lq9 6.0 and a 4l80e transmission and id like to know what would be the best option for a wiring harness? I have priced out some aftermarket ones but am sort of lost as far as what sensors i may need and or just delete. i dont live in an area that has emission testing and the truck will be old to where emissions wont be a factor to begin with.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

LSx S10

Reaction score
You could start out with an oem harness and modify it as needed, there are also companies that will do this for you. Your other option is an aftermarket standalone harness. There are a ton of companies that all make a good standalone harness that can be built for your setup (CPW, PSI, speartech to name a few.) As far as which one you will need, there’s a handful of info you will need.

- Where is the ECM being mounted (determines length of the harness)
-Which intake manifold and injectors are you running
- DBW or DBC
- Which MAF
- Which accessories are you running (f-body, truck, corvette, etc)
- If you aren’t running cats, you don’t need the downstream O2 sensors
- Decide if you are running EGR or not
- A/C or no A/c
- Evap?
- Cruise?

That's all I can think of, but that should get you going for now.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
What are you doing with it? OEM truck computer and harness will be the easiest, and not too hard to convert to speed density, etc.

If you're doing boost/nitrous/etc and need more functionality, I would definitely recommend the MS3 Pro. Sequential spark, sequential fuel, two nitrous progressives, 2/3-step, traction control, boost control, etc. Pretty much anything you can think of. You would need a standalone trans controller(or a MicroSquirt linked to the MS3 Pro)

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
^I'm with stoopid. It all depends on what PCM you intend on using especially if you are looking for something plug and play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom