• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ls1 wiring help

51wheelies

Feb 18, 2015
Alright guys need some opinions,

I have a Lq9 6.0 and a 4l80e transmission and id like to know what would be the best option for a wiring harness? I have priced out some aftermarket ones but am sort of lost as far as what sensors i may need and or just delete. i dont live in an area that has emission testing and the truck will be old to where emissions wont be a factor to begin with.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
You could start out with an oem harness and modify it as needed, there are also companies that will do this for you. Your other option is an aftermarket standalone harness. There are a ton of companies that all make a good standalone harness that can be built for your setup (CPW, PSI, speartech to name a few.) As far as which one you will need, there’s a handful of info you will need.

- Where is the ECM being mounted (determines length of the harness)
-Which intake manifold and injectors are you running
- DBW or DBC
- Which MAF
- Which accessories are you running (f-body, truck, corvette, etc)
- If you aren’t running cats, you don’t need the downstream O2 sensors
- Decide if you are running EGR or not
- A/C or no A/c
- Evap?
- Cruise?

That's all I can think of, but that should get you going for now.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
What are you doing with it? OEM truck computer and harness will be the easiest, and not too hard to convert to speed density, etc.

If you're doing boost/nitrous/etc and need more functionality, I would definitely recommend the MS3 Pro. Sequential spark, sequential fuel, two nitrous progressives, 2/3-step, traction control, boost control, etc. Pretty much anything you can think of. You would need a standalone trans controller(or a MicroSquirt linked to the MS3 Pro)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info