Local shop terrorizing neighborhood with race cars - Security Cam help

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
To give you guys an idea on this.

The first image below is right over my house. The highlighted area is where this a-hole drove from, drifted around to proceed through Charles to Palatine.

This next picture is as follows: Red open circle is the shop's location. They can proceed north to travel through the subdivision by turning left at the first highlighted area. Or, they can turn right over the tracks to Wolf Road, then turn left and drive about 2 blocks to get to Palatine Road. The highlighted areas are stop signs and the red lines are stop lights depending on the route they take.

Makes no sense distance wise or time-wise to go through the subdivision.

Waze took me down your street the other day avoiding Hintz, Dundee, and Euclid traffic :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Honestly you may even be able to go the knock off go pro route. Buy a few of them, cover the LEDs, throw in 128gb SD cards and you'd get around 8-10 hours of 1080p@30fps recordings. Then strap them to trees or mailboxes. Looks like a nice area, working with your neighbors may be the best way to get this to stop.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Could do that but we get a lot of wandering local folks and I'd be worried about the GoPro or other cams getting stolen.
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] are there any good wireless systems available? Running cable may be a bit difficult for me and the association may frown upon it.
[MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION] damn you! I've seen that in google maps too, but if you take foster to the first stop, right and left on to Wolf, you will
Avoid traffic and get to palatine much quicker.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Could do that but we get a lot of wandering local folks and I'd be worried about the GoPro or other cams getting stolen.
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] are there any good wireless systems available? Running cable may be a bit difficult for me and the association may frown upon it.
[MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION] damn you! I've seen that in google maps too, but if you take foster to the first stop, right and left on to Wolf, you will

I work on Lake Ave in Glenview, and usually take Hintz home, but this summer it's been a fucking disaster. Waze took me onto Old Willow off of Milwaukee, through your neighborhood, up and down the frontage, and up to 83. After 83, for whatever reason, Hintz clears right up, and I'm right before Buffalo Grove Rd, off of Hintz.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
put sandbags halfway around the circle. just make sure to tell your neighbors. for your little block thing you sould be the only ones going around that. put cameras watching the sand bags. if they get out fo the car to move them it gives you good shot of car AND driver.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

Eh wireless is totally dependent on signal strength and you still have to power it with a cable

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Right now I have a wireless setup in my garage. But it's still plugged into the wall out there. And I tend to lose connectivity to it so I actually have an sd card in the camera to record on network drops as a backup but alot of the cheaper cameras don't do it or their software doesn't support it. You're looking at probably $150+ per camera then to get the redundant feature so you don't worry to much about signal drops due to poor connection between the camera and router.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
a7ddaf778978436c7b1940a3261e9abe.jpg

This should work

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Fuck that, toss out a 2x4 with nails on a rope.

This. My next door neighbor to the house I grew up in, had problems of cars driving through their lawn as a short cut to get back on to the main town street. She put a spike strip of nails in a 2x4 out in her lawn, and all it took was a few nights and that took care of her problem.

That will definitely do more than just pop a few stanced tires on the shit that that shop spits out :rofl:

Just make sure to tell the neighbors in the cul de sac

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Signal strength in my house is good. We get signal about 30-45 feet away. I do have outlets outside I could power the cameras with.

Any good wireless systems you can recommend with maybe 2 cameras and a hard drive?

You'd still need a PC but just wouldn't need the POE switch or Ethernet cable. From there its just picking a couple wireless outdoor cameras and having a PC to act as storage. Even a home PC will work if you already have a desktop, it'll just have to be on all the time if you want recordings to save.

Search for some wireless outdoor cameras in your price range, post them here and ill let you know if they are any good and will work with the software (Milestone Xprotect GO).

I'm not sure if there are wireless box sets but I personally do not recommend a box set at all.

Also depending on your router, you will have constant data streams so it may slow down your wifi connection FYI

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
You'd still need a PC but just wouldn't need the POE switch or Ethernet cable. From there its just picking a couple wireless outdoor cameras and having a PC to act as storage. Even a home PC will work if you already have a desktop, it'll just have to be on all the time if you want recordings to save.

Search for some wireless outdoor cameras in your price range, post them here and ill let you know if they are any good and will work with the software (Milestone Xprotect GO).

I'm not sure if there are wireless box sets but I personally do not recommend a box set at all.

Also depending on your router, you will have constant data streams so it may slow down your wifi connection FYI

Definitely a lot to think about with the camera system.

I appreciate your info man.

I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to put a system together and maybe pick your brain a bit more if that's cool with you.

-Chris

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Was looking at getting this but upgrading to a 1TB model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YZF7GMG/?tag=tcg21-20

Junk IMO

Analog cameras, NOT HD thats just tricky advertising, WIRED so you will have to run the wire from the DVR to each camera. Proprietary so you MUST use their software and their cameras and their app and for remote viewing the video most likely goes through their servers and then to you so who knows who may be looking at it.

and quality is very low here is a 700TVL vs 1080p...in GOOD light. In darkness you wont see shit other then a car driving by...MAYBE see what type it is and the color. Mounted on the house looking at the street, it will most likely be shitty FYI

maxresdefault.jpg

9UYy6tp.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info