Let's take a Cruise out to Kankakee River State Park! Sunday April 10th @ 2:30pm!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have to drop my expectation of participation from 110% to 50/50. My dad needs some help at his place before it possibly sells, and his back just isn't up to the task. If weather isn't permitting this weekend then I'll be going next weekend, which is the cruise.
Should be back up to 100%. Heading to my dad’s this weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 10sec and Teege24

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Hoping the forecast warms up a few degrees but other than that it's looking clear next Saturday! I'm gettin excited!!
Yeah, this weather is bullshit. as long as it is sunny and not too windy I will take it though. I took Friday off to do last minute stuff to the car but it says high 30's and possible snow :sick:. At least I got the oil changed last weekend and got it up to temp so it should be ready, this cruise will be the maiden voyage for the season.

• Love
Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Yeah, this weather is bullshit. as long as it is sunny and not too windy I will take it though. I took Friday off to do last minute stuff to the car but it says high 30's and possible snow :sick:. At least I got the oil changed last weekend and got it up to temp so it should be ready, this cruise will be the maiden voyage for the season.
At the moment, I am thinking if the weather doesn't trend back over 45 degrees we might push to Sunday which looks beautiful. Holding on to Saturday for now but will make a decision Thursday.

Reactions: 1quick and Mook

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
You do any highway driving over the weekend? Curious if they threw any down this past Friday. I saw that they hit bridges/overpasses by me with a little salt but that was it, all other roads were untouched.
I was out of town till last night. I have no idea. I know IL loves to throw salt at the sight of a single flake. I have an old shitbox, I can’t accelerate rust issues.

Ktj100

Jul 14, 2021
You do any highway driving over the weekend? Curious if they threw any down this past Friday. I saw that they hit bridges/overpasses by me with a little salt but that was it, all other roads were untouched.
I drove to Rockford and back Saturday twice, once in the snow and then late at night. Car stayed pretty clean so I don't think so.

• Love

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I drove to Rockford and back Saturday twice, once in the snow and then late at night. Car stayed pretty clean so I don't think so.
Yeah we've had some pretty good rain so I think it's pretty much washed away, and it's supposed to rain all week again. So as long as they don't spread more on Friday it should be all good. I cant imagine that there will be enough snow on Friday to justify spreading more salt.

• Love

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Hey guys, so just to prepare in case we do need to make the switch. Is there anyone that would not be able to make it on Sunday?

If moved to Sunday we would do a 2:30pm start

Again, we have not made the decision to change dates, just looking for feedback

Thread Info