lease a volt for 369/month?!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yup, you need to factor in the mpgs vs price to buy. A low priced used car is going to beat out one of those all day long in Total Cost of Ownership. Though it might not be as fancy and futuristic as a Volt, but at least then you would be able to fit 5 people in it!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Let's check the numbers on buying a Volt vs. a $25,000 hybrid.

We'll take the best case scenario with you using little or no gasoline. If you save $.10 per mile and the car costs $10K more than another hybrid, it will take you 100,000 miles to break even on the additional purchase costs.

Again, using a best case scenario of you getting 40 miles from the batteries twice a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year that's 250 weeks of driving or 5 years just to break even.

So, once you get to the point that you are driving a 5 year old 100,000 mile Volt, you will START saving ten cents a mile. Plus, add into the equation that your batteries will be wearing out and you will have another large cost to replace them.

Volt doesn't look as good when you do the math.

Dear captain no read posts.

I said lease.

Lease.

Volt.

369$a month

no money down...

Thank you for your cost analysis tho

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Dear captain no read posts.

I said lease.

Lease.

Volt.

369$a month

no money down...

Thank you for your cost analysis tho

I nearly always read every post... and the following posts that drift into other areas. :smile:

You're welcome. I'm a math guy. No. I'm a psychology guy. No. I'm a math guy.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Not really.

For example. I would buy a Mini Cooper S.
Cheaper, cooler, man pedal, turbo, good mpgs, etc etc etc

Plenty of other options as well that are not MPG machines, like a VW TDI. Damn I would rather drive a Fusion/Camry Hybrid than a Volt. Bigger and you can get them used for less than 20k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info