lease a volt for 369/month?!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
seriously?

seems like a deal for sure to me.

especially because my work is less than 15 miles one way... this thing would almost pay for itself over my pricks. (exaggeration, put your calculator away)...

didja know that?

they have definitely grown a lot on me. i like em a lot. i kinda want one.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Anyone know the cost per mile of the electricity needed to charge? With gas at $3.50 a gallon or around $17.5 cents per mile if you get 20 MPG, how much do you save using an electric car?

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
I heard it was less that $2 electricty for a full charge which gets you between 30-40 miles without using gas

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I heard it was less that $2 electricty for a full charge which gets you between 30-40 miles without using gas
If that is true, that is $.05 a mile vs the $.17 a mile for a car that gets 20MPG @ $3.50 a gallon.

I personally like the volt. Much better idea then the Leaf IMO.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Definitely. The leaf is pretty much a 2nd car, as in you have a conventional car still. You can't plan life around 30 miles of driving. That pretty much means anybody in the Northwest suburbs can't make it to downtown Chicago for work, kind of a waste. Where as the volt would only use gas the last 5 miles or so..... charge it while at work, and make ir most of the way home. Eliminating range anxiety puts the ball in chevy's court for sure.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
how much do they want down, that seems very cheep

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Even if you never "require" gasoline, the volt will run the engine in maintnence mode for a few minutes (to lubricate the top end) at least once a month, and if you havent used all the gas in a year it will do whatever it can to get rid of the stale old gas so that you have to refill. Also, if you charge it everyday and drive 12,000 miles/yr on pure electricity, it uses less electricity than a typical refrigerator (you'll never notice it on your electric bill in other words). Not only that, but if you drive one they are pretty damn quick. Likely the fastest econo car out there.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Pretty good deal since it's zero down, zero security depostit, and no gap. It looks like the only thing no included is taxes.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the lease? What is insurance like?

Shibby50

Reaction score
Pretty good deal since it's zero down, zero security depostit, and no gap. It looks like the only thing no included is taxes.
But don't you get a huge tax credit for buying one instead of leasing? Thought I remember reading that it's some ridiculous number

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
But don't you get a huge tax credit for buying one instead of leasing? Thought I remember reading that it's some ridiculous number
$7500 tax credit, the problem is that the car still winds up costing you $35k+.

Nice car, but pricey at $35k. I test drove one in the past. It cost less than $2 to fully charge it and we were looking at installing a solar system this year that would make that cost $0, but the car is too costly to justify financially (from a gas saving standpoint). I will look into the lease though, especially if there is basically $0 outlay initially. I even ran 220V power to the garage in case I wanted to install the faster charger for it (if I ever bought one).

The car is actually really nice to drive, especially for a small vehicle. If they got it down to under $30k (after government rebate), I'd consider one. I've been seeing more and more of them on the road.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
12k a year on the lease. This appears to be a California deal only...

BillyBru

FoodHead
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jbru hasn't chimed in yet. Dude drives a volt multiple times a week.

EmersonHart13

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jbru hasn't chimed in yet. Dude drives a volt multiple times a week.
And from what he told me he doesn't get anywhere near the electrical range they advertise.

I sat in one at the auto show and I was not enticed.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Remember, air temp. is a factor in battery power storage. Batteries lose charge faster in cold weather. A Chicago winter is probably going to cut the battery range in half or close to it.

EmersonHart13

Donating Member
Reaction score
This state just rules in every possible way.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Volt's suck, I rather drive a Prius. Much better technology and I'm the #1 domestic nutswinger. US automakers are still yet to produce a car to compete with the Prius.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
PLUG IN PRIUS MAYBE, BUT THE STANDARD ONE IS NOTHING IMPRESSIVE. PLUS THE VOLT IS ACTUALLY A MUCH NICER DRIVING AND RIDING CAR AND IT IS FAR NICER INSIDE THAN A PRIUS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom