🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Any of you guys have dogs to worry about? I'm pretty hesitant to start putting down a bunch of shit with a two dogs running around in my yard
You can literally eat milorganite so that stuff would be no problem. Of course it doesn’t kill weeds, it’ll just make your grass grow like crazy and darken it up

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I do that every year twice a a year and still keep getting it
I’ve found that just an all in 1 fertilizer doesn’t do much for crabgrass as even that is applied too late.
I do a spray of prodiamine about 2 weeks before I do my normal spring fertilizer and it takes care off all the crabgrass....until summer dormancy anyway. I need to learn when to do a 2nd application.

Reactions: DanJ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’ve read preemeegent you’re supposed to time around 55 and 70 degree soil temp. I’ve been poking around on www.domyown.com and have found its pretty easy to buy professional strength products and dilute yourself. You can get Prodiamine (barricade pre emergent) at $75 for 5 pounds. Application rate is 4 oz per 1000 square feet in a tank sprayer. That brings my cost per application to about $15. Granted a bag of Scott’s Halts to cover the same are is about $18, but my Home Depot doesn’t stock it, and I feel the liquid is easier to apply.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Any of you guys have dogs to worry about? I'm pretty hesitant to start putting down a bunch of shit with a two dogs running around in my yard

Yep. I usually try to use the liquid fertilizer and I’ll apply it before i leave for work so it’s good and dry when I get home. Then for the next few days will wash the dogs feet when they come back in....

really thinking about switching to a service next year that uses better more organic product though just in case.

Reactions: bikrboy128

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I’ve read preemeegent you’re supposed to time around 55 and 70 degree soil temp. I’ve been poking around on www.domyown.com and have found its pretty easy to buy professional strength products and dilute yourself. You can get Prodiamine (barricade pre emergent) at $75 for 5 pounds. Application rate is 4 oz per 1000 square feet in a tank sprayer. That brings my cost per application to about $15. Granted a bag of Scott’s Halts to cover the same are is about $18, but my Home Depot doesn’t stock it, and I feel the liquid is easier to apply.

I’ve heard this stuff is awesome

IMG_3194.png

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
That’s supposed to be the real deal for crabgrass, and the big perk is that you can overseed after with no ill effects. My garage is starting to look like a dock warehouse in Beirut. Carbon earth X start fertilizer and seed for the backyard came in today. Just need to keep watching the weather and hope it cools off by mid late august.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon01 and greasy

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
That’s supposed to be the real deal for crabgrass, and the big perk is that you can overseed after with no ill effects. My garage is starting to look like a dock warehouse in Beirut. Carbon earth X start fertilizer and seed for the backyard came in today. Just need to keep watching the weather and hope it cools off by mid late august.

Do u have an aeration machine ?

Thread Info