🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It's also getting to the part of the year where the lawn bugs are growing and critters are going after them. I had a few years where skunks destroyed sections of my yard and they rooted up the grass looking for grubs and such. Been putting down lawn bug killer 2-3x between April and August to keep them under control. So far so good.

I need spread some weed killer though, and the yard really really really could use a dethatching. I'll pay a lawn crew to do that, but haven't been seeing them come around.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’m going to pick some up today and put down next week. It’s supposed to be a bit cooler next week and based on what I’ve read it’s better to put down during cooler temps.

check online but Oakbrook is the closest place to you I see that has it. I’m beginning to figure out their pattern. My store gets it in stock towards the end of each month.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
I’ve read it’s not great to try and push growth during heat stress unless you’re watering the shit out of it.

926A1ADE-A514-483B-96A1-4323F8E241B7.jpeg

Reactions: DanJ

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I'm going to spend the next few weeks spot treating with Escalade 2 or 4-speed. I have some violets that won't go away, and now that we're getting towards the cooler months I should be able to kill the roots. After that(early-mid sept), I'm going to aerate and overseed. I probably won't do pre-emergent next spring, as I didn't have much crab grass this year...Mainly just one or two small spots.

Reactions: DanJ

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
What’s important about milorganite is that it is a slow release formulation, which is why it’s almost Impossible to burn the lawn with it. With that being said, you won’t get the quick green up you do with synthetics like scotts.

Reactions: GTPpower

Thread Info