🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I got a quote from spring green for $780 weeks I make 7 visits/applications this year plus “free” aeration.

Does that sound reasonable?
I’ve got about 27,000sqft of grass.
Last year Tru green quotes me $1100 for 7 apps on 43,000 sqft. I did Menards granular instead

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
That seems reasonable. I think I pay about $45 an application and have about 6K sq ft of grass.

I would personally have them cut down the applications to 5. Companies seem to pitch too many "steps" in my opinion.

CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 Did you get the email on that Weiss is bumping the price this year?
That have a cheaper plan that is 5 applications. It’s only something like $150 cheaper though

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yup, got something.

Hello CMNT,

I hope you have been well and that your new year is off to a great start! I wanted to let you know we have again made huge improvements to our organic-based fertilizer program, as well as weed control. The fertilizer is still custom blended for us and the organics are locally sourced from farms and facilities in the Midwest.

I am very sorry to let you know this, but due to the huge increase in prices and inflation, we have had to increase our pricing for the upcoming 2022 season. Gas prices are up 54.71% from last year, our average equipment price is up 22.86% for the same equipment we have used in the past, our fertilizer prices are projected to be up at least 52.55% in 2022, and most importantly, our staff's cost of living is going way up as well, and we need to make sure they are able to pay their bills and take care of their loved ones! In order to stay in business and just to cover these additional costs we have to implement a 12% increase to each of your services. This will take effect on March 1st 2022. Please note: new customers this season will see almost a 20% increase in our prices. We worked hard to try to make as small of an impact on your prices as we possibly could because again we sincerely appreciate you choosing and supporting our local service in the past and hope you will continue to choose us in the future.

This is not for Weiss Lawn Care to increase our profits, but rather to ensure that we can continue to provide and continue to improve on the services for you this year and hopefully well into the future. I am really sorry to inform you of this, and I really appreciate your loyalty. I have never had to raise our prices in the past and I hope that we won’t have to again for a very long time.

We are constantly learning and improving to better serve you and provide the absolute best experience possible. We are grateful for the continued support and loyalty and we will work very hard to keep providing great service for years to come! We plan to have your first treatment of this year completed no later than the third week of April, as this is the ideal time for spring booster fertilizer and crabgrass pre-emergent protection.

Thank you for choosing Weiss Lawn Care, Inc. as your lawn care service provider! As a local company, we truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and take care of your lawn. We will keep all of your services the same as last season. Please let me know if you would like to add, remove, or make any changes to your services. If you have any questions or concerns about the updated pricing or any of your services, please let me know and I will work hard to get back to you as soon as possible!

Additionally, if you would like to take advantage, we are offering a 5% prepay discount on your services until April 1st, 2022!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Grass Guru below:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

My only beef with those and the Sunjoe is dragging a damn extension cord around. I know Greenworks also does a battery powered one as well, but it would be better if you had other Greenworks battery powered devices.

Ryobi keeps dangling an 18V one in front of the US market since it can be had over in Europe, but its still not here.

Id love to do my yard, but I kinda want to just rent one for a day and see how it goes. $58 for 4 hours or $83 for the day.

Goddamn. TCG giant yard crew up in here.

Yeah, I thought mine was big but it aint that bag apparently.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
My only beef with those and the Sunjoe is dragging a damn extension cord around. I know Greenworks also does a battery powered one as well, but it would be better if you had other Greenworks battery powered devices.

Ryobi keeps dangling an 18V one in front of the US market since it can be had over in Europe, but its still not here.

Id love to do my yard, but I kinda want to just rent one for a day and see how it goes. $58 for 4 hours or $83 for the day.

Yeah, I thought mine was big but it aint that bag apparently.
For the price on Amazon, plus the 3-4 year manufacturers warranty. I don’t mind dragging an extension cord around.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Have the SunJoe dethatcher. It worked great for my small front yard but no fucking way would I use it for the backyard.

I really need to spend some time this spring and get my yard back under control. Going to have to overseed like a motherfucker to replace all the dead shit I scrapped up last year with the dethatcher.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For the price on Amazon, plus the 3-4 year manufacturers warranty. I don’t mind dragging an extension cord around.

Have the SunJoe dethatcher. It worked great for my small front yard but no fucking way would I use it for the backyard.

I really need to spend some time this spring and get my yard back under control. Going to have to overseed like a motherfucker to replace all the dead shit I scrapped up last year with the dethatcher.

This is why I also couldnt drag around an extension cord. I dont have one long enough, and probably wouldnt use one that long for anything else. :rofl:

Thread Info