🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Bought 2 new 7.5 AH batteries. For just $150 more I got a snow blower. Lol.

C0600C9A-6E1B-4E6A-83B0-5AD283C71779.jpeg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This was the one I bought. It was only $50 when I bought it though.

It’s not meant for really lifting and just pushing to the side. I added some extra bolts so it could lift some weight and not just spin around in the handle.

The Snowplow "the Original Snow Pusher" 30" Wide Model 50530 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BVC8058/?tag=tcg21-20

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Man, I am really really wondering if I should get this. I have two trees I want to make gone, and this is a deal if I ever saw one.

Go rent a saw for a day for $50, or I’m sure a neighbor or someone here would borrow you one for a cold 6 pack. Unless you’ve got a bunch of trees 99% of people don’t need a chainsaw. Sawzall will do 90% of what most of us need to do.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Go rent a saw for a day for $50, or I’m sure a neighbor or someone here would borrow you one for a cold 6 pack. Unless you’ve got a bunch of trees 99% of people don’t need a chainsaw. Sawzall will do 90% of what most of us need to do.
This. I'm out in Belvidere, but you can borrow one of the 4 that I have if you want lol

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
How big are these "trees" and are you cutting them down completely? Or just trimming? I have a Black and Decker Navigator that I like for doing basic tree trimming. It's blade is similar to a sawzall, but a little bigger, so I think it works better with trees. I rarely ever use my chainsaw unless I am falling a tree.

41KRTWFHBXL.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I almost bought a chainsaw but ended up with a dewalt pole saw instead. My lot has 50ish trees and I mostly need it for pruning. I did cut down a couple smaller trees with 6-8” trunks and the pole saw was enough to handle that. Even a couple larger logs I was able to get through hitting it from both sides.

Anything big enough to need a chainsaw I’m going to end up dropping on my house, I’ll just pay someone to avoid that liability.

darkshadow04

Regular
TCG Premium
Mar 14, 2008
South Elgin
I sawzall prune trees myself. Would have never thought to do that until my brother mentioned it.
There is even a dedicated blade for it. I have used it freequently.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

I honestly dont think I would need it long term for sure, but like you said. I like tools and another battery is another battery. :rofl: Still on the fence.

How big are these "trees" and are you cutting them down completely? Or just trimming? I have a Black and Decker Navigator that I like for doing basic tree trimming. It's blade is similar to a sawzall, but a little bigger, so I think it works better with trees. I rarely ever use my chainsaw unless I am falling a tree.

41KRTWFHBXL.jpg

One is a small pine tree that shouldnt be much work at all. The other is a crab apple tree in my back yard that is half dead anyway. Both need to be disappeared.

Thread Info