🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
oh yeah you fucked

that's gonna be maaaaaaybe mid to late november

good. I need to get a good pressure washer too and spreading these things out will keep the wife from freaking out.

Also just found out my father in law is going to buy us a bunch of yard care stuff as a housewarming present. I’ll see what we gonna get.

• Love
Reactions: Fish and Yaj Yak

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
truth be told if you wanna borrow my gas husqvarna and see how it goes i could just drop it off.

Just meet up with a bunch of our blowers at his house and see which one is the best. Someone make a TheChicagoLawn YT page and get going with the comparisons. :rofl:

I started mowing last night around 6 thinking Id be done with mowing right as I lost light. I was wrong, but at least the headlight on my mower helped me keep my lines. Neighbors probably think Im crazy now.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Just meet up with a bunch of our blowers at his house and see which one is the best. Someone make a TheChicagoLawn YT page and get going with the comparisons. :rofl:

I started mowing last night around 6 thinking Id be done with mowing right as I lost light. I was wrong, but at least the headlight on my mower helped me keep my lines. Neighbors probably think Im crazy now.

yes once the leaves fall I invite everyone to a bring your own blower event at my place.. lol.

so the wife bought me the 40v Ryobi handheld brushless blower and trimmer package as a surprise today. Fucker moves some air. I just ordered a second battery and charger. She says she will use it tomorrow and clear out the leaves that are in the lawn.. I’m skeptical. She also got a gas power washer which is noicce!

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Going to give this a try

1633833991454.png

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
yes once the leaves fall I invite everyone to a bring your own blower event at my place.. lol.

so the wife bought me the 40v Ryobi handheld brushless blower and trimmer package as a surprise today. Fucker moves some air. I just ordered a second battery and charger. She says she will use it tomorrow and clear out the leaves that are in the lawn.. I’m skeptical. She also got a gas power washer which is noicce!

Nice. This one?

Same kit I bought. Its surprisingly pretty good for what it is. I bought the edger attachment for the expand it string trimmer as well.

I want to get some 7.5aH batteries next year for the lawn mower. Then Ill have the 6aH ones that came with that for the trimmer and blower, but so far the 4aH that came with it is pretty good.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Nice. This one?

Same kit I bought. Its surprisingly pretty good for what it is. I bought the edger attachment for the expand it string trimmer as well.

I want to get some 7.5aH batteries next year for the lawn mower. Then Ill have the 6aH ones that came with that for the trimmer and blower, but so far the 4aH that came with it is pretty good.

yup that is the one! It is really good. For now I’m going to have 2 4aH batteries. But plan on getting at least 1 6aH for the blower.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Anybody else getting mushrooms in their yard like crazy? Everything I’m reading is saying they are typical for a well maintained and manicured lawn. I know there was a small tree in my front yard at some point so I figure it’s just eating the roots. Anyway I’ve been reading they are actually quite good for the lawn and short of running herbicide and torching the lawn and soil theres nothing that can be done besides picking them or running the lawnmower over them

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I always got the occasional one but this year is nuts, like I can see them on my security cam.

and there’s a neighbor on the neighborhood Facebook page posting articles that she saw saying mushrooms in yards kill dogs. So now I gotta pretend like I give a shit and pick them….. because she can’t keep her dog from eating out of other peoples yards. When I had a dog it was pretty damn easy to not let her roam wild in peoples yards.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I always got the occasional one but this year is nuts, like I can see them on my security cam.

and there’s a neighbor on the neighborhood Facebook page posting articles that she saw saying mushrooms in yards kill dogs. So now I gotta pretend like I give a shit and pick them….. because she can’t keep her dog from eating out of other peoples yards. When I had a dog it was pretty damn easy to not let her roam wild in peoples yards.

my dogs want nothing to do with the mushrooms so no worries there but I’m not picking them for other people because they can’t control or train their dogs.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

I’ve read that they grow wherever there’s an abundance of organic matter (carbon) in the soil. That neighborhood fb page sounds about as terrible as the Nextdoor app I’m on.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’ve read that they grow wherever there’s an abundance of organic matter (carbon) in the soil. That neighborhood fb page sounds about as terrible as the Nextdoor app I’m on.

we used to have a next door and it was a shitshow.

and yea, I think like 5 years before I moved in there was a tree in my front yard that was removed. I’d imagine the shrooms are eating the roots

Thread Info